Re: Question about EA Game and Steam

by Reinborn

Original Post

Question about EA Game and Steam

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

got a fairly specific question to which I could not really find a definitive answer anywhere else, so I'm turning here.

I have got a game that I've purchased on Steam a couple of years ago, Mass Effect: Andromeda to be precise, and launching it again today after a few years I've found out I need to have EA Play installed. So that installed on its own, game launched via Steam normally but I started to wonder this one thing; if I were to eventually close my current EA account and make a new one at some point, would I still be able to start Mass Effect: Andromeda via Steam with the newly created account? 

In other words, would EA games require specific account to be in existence for them to launch in Steam or is it enough to have EA Play installed? Thinking

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Reinborn,

If I'm not mistaken, you'll just need to have an EA account linked to your Steam in order to launch ME:A. If you've bought it from Steam, you'll be able to unlink your EA account and link your Steam to a new one, and you'll still be able to access your games. The only thing that I'd worry about is your game progress: anything that's not saved locally will be lost if you ever unlink your Steam account and link it elsewhere.

I hope that's clear enough, but if you have more questions, let me know! Standard smile

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other
Message 2 of 3 (148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello and thanks for the response.

And yeah, I also am inclined to believe I simply need to have an EA account and EA Play running in the background. I just don't really understand the account linking. Back when I played EA games it was Origin instead of EA Play and now tbh I'm kinda confused, lol, don't remember linking Steam to anything EA-related or confirming anything.

Nevertheless, I'll keep my saves aside in a local storage rather than purely cloud-sync just in case.

If anyone else could also confirm this, I would consider this thread closed. Would not want to potentially lose access to my game if our thinking wasn't true Large smile

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)