Re: Physical gift cards don't work

by ScarDuck14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Physical gift cards don't work

★★ Newbie

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe Gift card code invalid
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13.05.23 18.10
Summarize your bug I received two physical gift cards purchased from R-kioski in Finland for EA games. Neither of the gift card codes work.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. I have two gift cards bought in Finland today 13.05.23 and neither of the codes work when I try to redeem them in billing.
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't get the 40 euros I should get after receiving these two, 15€ and 25€ valued gift cards.
What do you expect to see? 40€ in my balance for receiving these gift cards.

I received two physical gift cards purchased from R-kioski in Finland today. Neither of the gift card codes work.

Message 1 of 4 (330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@amandariini11 This can go a few different ways. Normally with these cards, the retailer has to activate them. But as above, try changing that info first. If that does not work, contact the retailer and make sure the cards were activated and try again.

If you get an error when you try to use the code or the code was used and no funds were added, You can contact our live support at help.ea.com. To request a chat or open a case through email. This I am afraid we do not handle over the forums. 

• Select your product
  • Then select Platform
  • Manage my Account
  • Chose the appropriate option

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@amandariini11Not sure if this will help. But I have encountered the same thing on PlayStation. The solution was going to storefront and confirming my country then when I re-entered code it worked.

Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)

Community Manager

@amandariini11 This can go a few different ways. Normally with these cards, the retailer has to activate them. But as above, try changing that info first. If that does not work, contact the retailer and make sure the cards were activated and try again.

If you get an error when you try to use the code or the code was used and no funds were added, You can contact our live support at help.ea.com. To request a chat or open a case through email. This I am afraid we do not handle over the forums. 

• Select your product
  • Then select Platform
  • Manage my Account
  • Chose the appropriate option

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@EA_Shepard Yup forgot to add. Before I changed my country I went back to shop for money back but was told they had been activated and it’s a problem on my end.. was a Google search that I found the solution.
Message 4 of 4 (246 Views)