Origin has accessed my bank account without permission.

by redsunx92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin has accessed my bank account without permission.

★★★ Newbie

Sure I get that the 1$ is a pre-authorization. But um, why the **** are you touching my bank account when I have not made a purchase in over a year?

Do not point me in the direction of your "game advisor". This is not an issue they are accredited to handle.

Under no circumstance should EA or Origin have charged my bank account within the past 24 hours. I have not made a purchase in over a year.

I do not care about the 1$. I care that EA/Origin are under the assumption they have permission to stick their grimey hands in my pockets with absolutely zero permission. 

How can we resolve this issue quickly and painlessly?

Again (since your online chat support needs the same message twice) do NOT point me in the direction of your "game advisor". 

Message 1 of 4 (205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin has accessed my bank account without permission.

Community Manager

@redsunx92 I'd advise you to reach out to your payment provider. I can't see any evidence of the purchase you mention on your posting account.

As you say, there's no reason for us to make any unsolicited attempt at a purchase. Hopefully it's not a factor, but if someone is attempting to use your payment details to make a purchase then it could conceivably manifest in the manner you're describing. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Origin/EA Games does not do that unless the user directed them to do so by either changing payment information or, making a purchase.

If you did neither, your account may be compromised and You do need to Contact An Advisor.

They are the only ones that have access to your account information.

Also please read Keeping your Account Secure.

And This Article.

Message 2 of 4 (202 Views)

★★ Guide

You need to Contact An Advisor.

They are the only ones that have access to your account information.

Message 3 of 4 (200 Views)

Community Manager

@redsunx92 I'd advise you to reach out to your payment provider. I can't see any evidence of the purchase you mention on your posting account.

As you say, there's no reason for us to make any unsolicited attempt at a purchase. Hopefully it's not a factor, but if someone is attempting to use your payment details to make a purchase then it could conceivably manifest in the manner you're describing. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (179 Views)