Re: Origin Update Error PC

by Mauritia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Update Error PC

★★★★ Novice

Origin refuses to start working and this message keeps turning up:

"Your update could not be completed. Please download and install the latest version of Origin from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe"

I have clicked on this link many times, downloaded the setup, had it 'installed' only to be told that Origin has not installed properly and this thing show up again - I am in a loop with this thing.

Ever since the latest update neither Origin nor DAI have been working properly for me.

Could someone help me out please?

Message 1 of 5 (369 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

never mind - sorted it out somehow...

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

never mind - sorted it out somehow...

Message 2 of 5 (347 Views)

★ Novice

Could you please tell me how did you do that? I have the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy! It started when the last update was released but at first it let me login into my account after a few tries... But I can't access my account AT ALL since yesterday because of that failed update.
No error code, just the information that something went wrong with the installation. And yes, I tried reinstalling the app more than once. Disappointed

I have win10 installed on my laptop and everything went smoothly till the day of the update's release... Is there any way I can deal with it on my own or do I have to wait for some patch or another update (God only knows for how long) to play my games again? Angry

Message 3 of 5 (333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not sure if the message I sent actually sent so I'll say it here as well.

I went to this site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

DOwnloaded the Windows version specific file (either x86 for 32-bit or x64 for 64-bit).

This will prompt a restart once finished.

Upon restart, Origin should be able to perform a clean update and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5 (312 Views)

★ Novice

It helped! Thank you very much! Party hat

Message 5 of 5 (304 Views)