Origin SSL Error: Cannot Even access Anything Origin or EA

by hellman6041

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin SSL Error: Cannot Even access Anything Origin or EA

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey there, I am fairly new to Origin, but not to the gaming industry or general computer problems :P
Anyway, I am here on my older computer because of the problem I have with Origin. It seems that no matter what I try to fix, Origin will not even download, open in an internet browser, or even let EA open. I have searched for hours for the solution, but most sites are not capable to look at due to me not being allowed to enter them. Whenever I try, I get this message:

SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection the the server This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have. 
Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I know this is not a problem with my router, or connection, for I am allowed to get on this website, and I even downloaded Origin on this old computer. I just need some help from anyone, but more importantly someone from EA or Origin. They need to really get on this, for I have found no one else with this problem.

Message 1 of 14 (21,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin SSL Error: Cannot Even access Anything Origin or EA

Hero (Retired)

Please try this:

First check that in :
1) Internet Explorer- go to "tools/internet options/advanced" in the settings box, scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Use TLS 1.0" and it will fix the problem. SSL 2.0 or 3.0 and these are should also be selected.

2) Google Chrome-Click "wrench" sign on the tope right of it.Click "Options" then "Under the bonnet" in network click "Change Proxy Settings" and follow hte steps above as in Internet Explorer.

if this didn't work then do this.

1. Unhide all the files and folders.
2. Then,go to,, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.
3. Right click on hosts file,then click properties. Then click security tab. After that click edit.
4. Here,click system and you have to check on allow full control and uncheck deny.
5. Click OK and then OK.
6. Now delete the hosts file.

--------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (22,366 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Please try this:

First check that in :
1) Internet Explorer- go to "tools/internet options/advanced" in the settings box, scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Use TLS 1.0" and it will fix the problem. SSL 2.0 or 3.0 and these are should also be selected.

2) Google Chrome-Click "wrench" sign on the tope right of it.Click "Options" then "Under the bonnet" in network click "Change Proxy Settings" and follow hte steps above as in Internet Explorer.

if this didn't work then do this.

1. Unhide all the files and folders.
2. Then,go to,, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.
3. Right click on hosts file,then click properties. Then click security tab. After that click edit.
4. Here,click system and you have to check on allow full control and uncheck deny.
5. Click OK and then OK.
6. Now delete the hosts file.

--------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 2 of 14 (22,367 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Firstly, I would like to say THANK YOU sooo much :D. You finally allowed me to access Origin, however when I was downloading Origin.exe, an error report popped up saying:

The procedure entry point ?dragEnterEvent@Widget@@MAEXPAVQDragEnterEvent@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library QtGui4.dll .
Once I click OK from that message, it tells me to download the newest version of Origin. I repeated this multiple times before sending you another SoS. I really appreciate what you have done, and I ask if you could help a little bit more :D.

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 14 (21,645 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

UPDATE:

I have solved my latest issue, so no need to fret about it.
Like I stated before, thank you so much for fixing my previous problem!

Message 4 of 14 (21,643 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You are Very Welcome!

Happy Gaming Standard smile

Message 5 of 14 (21,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had same problem .Thanks to you i got fixed so TY :D:DIt was realy good help :D

Message 6 of 14 (14,495 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much man!!!|Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 7 of 14 (12,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You save my day!

Message 8 of 14 (10,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much... You're a life saver.

Message 9 of 14 (9,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 10 of 14 (8,632 Views)