Origin Having Troubles Downloading The Sims 4

by OfficerFinn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Having Troubles Downloading The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am currently trying to download The Sims 4 on an HP Laptop. It starts out downloading fine but when it gets to %1 it freezes and where it shows how much time remaining it just says 0 hrs 0 mins 0 secs and 0 KB per second and does not continue downloading. A minute or two after this, a message will pop saying "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred, Please Try Again Later. Error: (random numbers)" The numbers after the error change each time. Sometimes Origin will also crash after saying "We Have Encountered A Serious Problem And Must Close" Or something like that.. I've been googling these problems a lot and have tried many different things to attempt to fix this. I have made sure there is no Proxy or VPN, I have made sure that Origin is ok with the Anti-Virus and Firewall, I have a done a clean boot and cleared Origin's cache. However, I am still experiencing this problem. 

Can someone please help?

-Confused and Angry

Message 1 of 3 (348 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Having Troubles Downloading The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Please try to change to Safe Mode Downloading. Open Origin, Click Origin, Click Application Settings. On the Diagnostic tab at the bottom you will find this option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (394 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Please try to change to Safe Mode Downloading. Open Origin, Click Origin, Click Application Settings. On the Diagnostic tab at the bottom you will find this option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! It seems to be working now Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (302 Views)