Origin Account - Hacked - Password changed then email address changed.

by mimiejknows

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Account - Hacked - Password changed then email address changed.

★★★ Newbie

Today I received an email timed at 12:46 PM - I wasn't online anywhere around that time - that said that my EA password had been changed. It wasn't done by me. Thankfully I was able to come & change it again, & so it's now a password that I set myself again.

Also, I went to my Security settings & was trying to enter my elementary school, but no matter what name I entered for any of the three elementary schools that I entered, none of them were valid. So I suspect that someone changed that, too. I have a feeling my account was hacked, since I hadn't requested a password change 'til sometime between 3 PM & 3:30 PM today, but I received an email earlier telling me that my password had been changed.

Why is it so hard to get in touch with someone for support? I prefer to email for support things - I don't like to live chat for such things, & I don't have enough phone minutes to talk on the phone. I just don't understand why an email address for such a thing isn't available instead of having to go through so many steps. Also, not every issue here is about any game, but whenever I went to seek specific help about this under the "Contact" button for help, I had to choose a game, when there was no game involved in my issue here.

Sorry if I sound snippy or what-have-you here - I'm quite frustrated by this, & it's just one thing on top of other things right now. Thank-you in advance for anyone who might be able to help me with this or possibly provide me with an email address to which I could write. I appreciate any help that could come my way. Thank-you.

Message 1 of 14 (3,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Account - Hacked - Password changed then email address changed.

★ Guide

You should contact an EA game advisor on live chat :  http://help.ea.com/contactus

Select "Origin" or you can select a game there. They'll still help you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (4,151 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

You should contact an EA game advisor on live chat :  http://help.ea.com/contactus

Select "Origin" or you can select a game there. They'll still help you.

Message 2 of 14 (4,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have same problem. But as I registered there email which I use for games and spam than I haven't looked there for long time and haven't played games for that time than only now I found out this problem.

For another surprise is that there is written user with ID 17_abc_271735 and email 17_abc_271735[at]inbox.lv not mine.

I tried as was mentioned in this thread but I wasn't able to finish reporting for a problem because at final step I needed to choose "Call Me" and write my number. There was only two country phone numbers allowed - USA and Canada. As I am from Europe I don't know what to do. Please give me some advice!

Message 3 of 14 (3,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this same problem. Managed to get in and re-change the password, since my e-mail is more secure... but my Origin name was changed to Lupetsky Brodnyaski or some other Russian nonsense, and the security question about my elementary school has been changed too. I'm also outside the US so no phonecalls for me. Please advise.

Message 4 of 14 (3,619 Views)

★ Guide

You can contact an EA game advisor on live chat : http://help.ea.com/contactus

Message 5 of 14 (3,580 Views)

★ Guide

You should select your country flag on helpsite and then proceed. Make sure that call back option is not available for all region. 

Message 6 of 14 (3,578 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same problem, some russian pos has stolen my account and I can't change my name, friends or anything, and ea phone support doesn't work or is never open or does submitting a support request. This is a complete fkn joke.

Message 7 of 14 (3,569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can't even complete the help request to get my account back.  My account was also hacked, by a Russian, and when I try to complete a help request the site says: 

"EA Advisors are available to take your question Monday to Saturday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. CT. Select Call Me to request that an Advisor call you about your issue.* We'll give you an estimated wait time for your call back."

Well guess what kids?  There isn't a "Call Me" button!!!

No now I'm stuck waiting until tomorrow to find out is if I can get this LAME company to call me about my account which was hacked.  I have spent well over $1000 on games with this sh*thole company and I can't even get a human to talk to me about their lame security.  Luckily they didn't change my email address, and when I figured out that I could still change my password, I able to get my account back, but I can't change anything because the A$$BAG that hacked my account put a Russian security question in place of the one that I had.

Bravo for being the worst gaming company in the world EA.

Message 8 of 14 (3,560 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issues as me, that whole "log in to get help about not being able to log in" * is disgraceful.. As for the invisible call me button....

Message 9 of 14 (3,552 Views)

Community Manager

You don't need to log in, you can create a ticket as per this post. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/

The Contact Us button is at the bottom of the page. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 14 (3,507 Views)