Re: No option to install from disc

by narasimhanmcl

Original Post

No option to install from disc

★★★ Newbie

Bought Sims 4 for my wife. Put in the product key and now it only gives me the option to download it insead of install it from the 2 discs it came with. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (423 Views)

★★★ Guide
You need to download the game from origin first.After the download is complete,you'll be able to install the game.
Message 2 of 5 (418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

are you kidding me?  my kids are going nuts, this will take days to download.  what is the point of buying a disc in the first place? why should I have to download it? terrible idea

Message 3 of 5 (392 Views)

Community Manager

@Becker1971 Hey, i'll try to clarify. You can use the disc to install, but it can be a little counter-intuitive. 

Pop in the disc and close any autorun boxes that appear. Then start up and log into Origin as normal. On the My Games panel, the Download button will be there as normal, but if you press it, Origin should start "downloading" from the disc. Unfortunately there isn't a UI element/text to indicate that data is being taken from the disc and not the internet. 

You can monitor internet usage/listen for the disc spinning to be sure. 

Sorry for any confusion caused, I hope this helps clear things up. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is truly confusing. Could you please have the UI/UX fix this asap as most of us are not really sure if the download is actually happening or if it is trying to install from the disc. AT the time of first install, we are getting the status as 'Installing' and why cant this be shown rather than showing the status as 'Downloading'. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5 (353 Views)