Re: NO ACCESS TO OLD ACCOUNT - DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS AND LOCKED OUT OF OLD ACCOU

by strkhaven

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NO ACCESS TO OLD ACCOUNT - DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS AND LOCKED OUT OF OLD ACCOUNT

★ Novice

I tried to reach EA help multiple times and I get the same answer - not enough information to confirm ownership of the account.

Imagine this scenario: You use steam primarly, you never really bought anything through origin app. You have a throw away account with a spare e-mail address. One day, EA decides to move from origin (that automatically logged you in everytime you started EA game through steam) to EA app. Suddenly nothing works, you need to log in. You deleted that email address due to a hacker attack (or whatever other reason). You don't really remember your ID or email (even if you did, no access). You are now having a working steam account connected to your bank account, phone number and you have emails confirming transactions, you have actual bank transactions to prove that you own the EA games you have spent your heavy earned money on. It doesn't matter.

One more important thing. You didn't pay attention to your IP while playing that game last time. Were you on a trip? Did you move and had temporary IP? Possibly. You do not have IP from that last gaming moment that EA is asking for. Because everyone checks IP address everyday just to make sure you can provide it later. No one owns gaming laptops, travel or move around. No one changes internet providers. All of those listed things simply doesn't happen in EA scamming process.

You go through EA help chat process, fill out the blanks They say you provided wrong info for 6th time. You have three ea games in steam library with hours and achievements on it, you have all the papers to confirm you own all the games, you can install them on your computer! Its just one click on "play" away. But then its EA waking up saying like nope, you need to log into our account. That one account you connected years ago to your steam. You cannot unlink, switch or do anything from steam level. And because it changed from origin to EA app it was no longer valid.

I tried to find how can I have a phone call, who can I contact. And only thing there is it's AI or human support locked into a process that is not broad enough to cover special cases like the one listed in this thread.

I can prove that I own all the games and EA is refusing my right to access them because I dont have email of the bogus account EA requested you to have while buying games through steam.

I wish there was a phone call support line, because then maybe it would be easier to solve situations like this, but why would a huge company like that care.

Do not recommend anything EA related. Games or services. Just skip it for your own good.

Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NO ACCESS TO OLD ACCOUNT - DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS AND LOCKED OUT OF OLD ACCOU

Community Manager

Sorry to say @strkhaven but if you are unable to verify account ownership then our team cannot assist you in gaining access to or making any changes to an account.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @strkhaven but if you are unable to verify account ownership then our team cannot assist you in gaining access to or making any changes to an account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

But in that case if someone is switching providers of internet or moves abroad and gets locked out of the account then it's over, because there is no way to access IP address. I provided all the other info and even got an e-mail that it was positive and they were able to verify the account just to double down on it and minutes later decline me. And then you say you cannot tell why the decision was suddenly switched because it is against privacy policy. Like what? You are locking me out of my account based on IP address that is never a stable thing. It's insanity. I cannot call anyone and there is no real support. Only bots or online chats that are completely unhelpful. I provided all truthful information, I have all the BANK TRANSFERS confirming that I bought those games and you are not allowing me to play the games I bought based on IP address. 

Nothing personal Darko, but I have many ways to verify my account. You locking me out because of no access to email that was hacked and no knowledge about IP address (that changes based on network you are using) is ridiculous. 

Cheers my dude. You work for scammers and thieves. 

Message 3 of 3 (98 Views)