My account got hacked and its email changed, I cant change the email and unlink.

by j_jayn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My account got hacked and its email changed, I cant change the email and unlink.

★★★ Newbie

Hi j_jayn, On January 26, 2024 7:15:15 PM UTC , the primary email address linked with your EA Account was changed to: [edit: email address removed]

If you never made this change, please change your email address back and change your password.

If you need additional assistance, please contact EA Help. Happy gaming, The EA Team

My account I am using now is hacked and the email has changed. I have reaccessed this account by using google.

The hacker changed the account into [edit: email address removed] from my original email. Now I can access this account but I can't change it back to the original email,

because it would need email verification, which is only to [edit: email address removed]. Since, it is the hacker's email, I can't change my email of the account

Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (355 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My account got hacked and its email changed, I cant change the email and unl

Community Manager

@j_jayn When helping with certain issues, like account changes, we must verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

You can contact our live support on our Help Site. To request a chat or open a case through email without needing to be logged into the EA account on the Help site.

• Select the EA App
  • Select one of the account issues like I cannot log in
  • You may get a pop-up that says login and get faster help
  • Select Continue without logging in
  • This should give you the chat/email option

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (339 Views)

All Replies

Re: My account got hacked and its email changed, I cant change the email and unl

Community Manager

@j_jayn When helping with certain issues, like account changes, we must verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

You can contact our live support on our Help Site. To request a chat or open a case through email without needing to be logged into the EA account on the Help site.

• Select the EA App
  • Select one of the account issues like I cannot log in
  • You may get a pop-up that says login and get faster help
  • Select Continue without logging in
  • This should give you the chat/email option

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue too i can provide years worth of receipts through my bank account to prove its been my acct for years but i can't open a case as i get a major error message whenever I try to open one in the ea website... I've spent hundreds of dollars over the years and now have no access to any of my games all because someone hacked my account and changed the email address on file to their own and the phone number.. I don't know what to do to get my games back. I cant seem to get ahold of any live person at ea to help.. i just wish there was a real person i could speak to at this company. the help site is no help at all.

Message 3 of 4 (119 Views)

Community Manager

@ashlee914 These issues can only be handled through live support. Community Managers have no visibility in assisting with account issues, banned accounts, hacked accounts etc. It isn't about proving to a CM over the forums the info, but to do so with live support. If they deny any requested account updates, that has to be discussed with them and not here.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)