Latest Update of Origin Possibly "Corrupted!"

by MajrPane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yesterday Origin Updater would not finish the Update for BF1, stalled out, and "Ghosted" the start game button..

All other Games I owned were playable.

I "Uninstalled Origin" on my PC, Re-installed Origin, and solved this problem!

More, before this, on Occasion in BF1, I would get a, "Server Dissconnecte"  Occasionally when starting up after a round of game play.....Fortunately, this did not cause my postition on the Server to be "LOST" and have to go to the back of a long line.of a full  server.

I will keep you all posted for the next few days if a lot of other "Glitches" were also solved by this re-installation of that corrupted Origin install

Message 1 of 14 (1,581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Latest Update of Origin Possibly "Corrupted!"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Repairing game/updating game, was not the Issue, it was a connection to the game "PROVIDED" by Origin..as the BF1 game is bought/stored/provided by dice/origin.

DID all the repair/update to no avail as Origin had "GHOSTED OUT" bf1 , and only recognised this game as "STILL DOWNLOADING" thus confirming that ORIGIN was currupted and had to be "Re-Installed"
I am posting this advice for others who may have had this very same problem as a "Solution" to get their games up and running again.

All Origin/ Repairing/Updating, was not possible as Origin was not active, but currpted

How to resolve a corrupt download:

View in thread

Message 3 of 14 (1,600 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

i think this was a issue on your side, next time, please try repairing the game first.

Greetings,

Baabyhuehnchen

I do not work for EA, i am just a random guy who like to help other with their problems. All answers are my personal ideas and not affiliated with EA.
If my post helped you, please consider giving me XP Angel
Please mark the post that helped you solve your problem as solution so other people can see it right away Large smile

Message 2 of 14 (1,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Repairing game/updating game, was not the Issue, it was a connection to the game "PROVIDED" by Origin..as the BF1 game is bought/stored/provided by dice/origin.

DID all the repair/update to no avail as Origin had "GHOSTED OUT" bf1 , and only recognised this game as "STILL DOWNLOADING" thus confirming that ORIGIN was currupted and had to be "Re-Installed"
I am posting this advice for others who may have had this very same problem as a "Solution" to get their games up and running again.

All Origin/ Repairing/Updating, was not possible as Origin was not active, but currpted

How to resolve a corrupt download:

Message 3 of 14 (1,601 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you try clearing your origin cache?

I do not work for EA, i am just a random guy who like to help other with their problems. All answers are my personal ideas and not affiliated with EA.
If my post helped you, please consider giving me XP Angel
Please mark the post that helped you solve your problem as solution so other people can see it right away Large smile

Message 4 of 14 (1,569 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Good Idea....but again,, the latest Origin Update did not install properly, and would not Start my ONline games.

Get it?
Network Connection Glitch, which seems to be affer that last Origin Update

Corrution does not show in Cache
thanks

Message 5 of 14 (1,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @MajrPane

First move ,check time/date in your machine.

-clear DNS cache
https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

- clearing hosts file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

-restart your machine

-run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

NOTE if your issue persist I think you need to perform a Clean Boot https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 14 (1,537 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yup.

did all that, then uninstalled Origin and re-installed it, and its fine now

Corrupted Update...btw....some of the servers I play on today, will not "BOOT" up at all,

Many have taken complete server reboots by admins to get em even going

Message 7 of 14 (1,525 Views)

Re: Latest Update of Origin Possibly "Corrupted!"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I'm glad you solved @MajrPane

If my post helped you @MajrPane, please mark Accept as Solution,to benefit others by it. Thanks,mate !!!Wink

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 14 (1,522 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks.

Just a general Info for others that may have had the same problem thanks...i did a  heckova lotta checks to see if  it was anything that may   have been deeper..but all the checks came back ""Negative" so a simple re-install fixed it.

Message 9 of 14 (1,507 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MajrPane @yahel_1 @Babyhuehnchen

Hi,

I just want to add that it wasn't the Origin update that was corrupted, but most likely the download of the update itself that was corrupted. This can happen for a number of reasons, but the best solution is to simply redownload or reinstall.

Glad you got it sorted!

Cheers, 

Message 10 of 14 (1,495 Views)