Is EA REALLY trying to regain the trust of PC Gamers?

by defectvbydesgn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is EA REALLY trying to regain the trust of PC Gamers?

★★ Newbie

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/ea-were-on-a-journey-to-regain-trust-of-the-pc-gamer/

Liars. No they're not.

PC customers want EA to ditch the DRM, and open their catalog to other distributors besides Origin. I want to buy EA games through Steam or GOG, not Origin. Unless Origin goes the GOG route and eliminates all online DRM requirements, or makes their catalog cross-client available.

EA is also touting Origin Access as some sort of solution. To what? We never asked for it. The reason why EA is losing sales is *ty games, and vendor lock-in. Drop the Origin lock-in, and they'd see sales increase. That is, if EA even cares about increasing sales. Maybe they actually want to do poorly, and just focus on consoles, since PC has always been a second class citizen to them. Day one working and balanced games apparently aren't important either, as most of EA's games are unplayable until after a million patches, and the full game content has been released and sold as a finished product.

Message 1 of 2 (182 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is EA REALLY trying to regain the trust of PC Gamers?

Community Manager

Hi there,

We appreciate your critique and I will pass it on when I get the chance.  That said please note that the Origin forum on Answers HQ is for players helping players, consequently I will now lock this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)

All Replies

Re: Is EA REALLY trying to regain the trust of PC Gamers?

Community Manager

Hi there,

We appreciate your critique and I will pass it on when I get the chance.  That said please note that the Origin forum on Answers HQ is for players helping players, consequently I will now lock this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)