How to make a complaint about a moderator on the EA forums

by xDave

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to make a complaint about a moderator on the EA forums

★ Apprentice

Hi there,

A moderator here has been, in my opinion, acting in an unfair manner and is preventing discussion from taking place. 

I've asked the moderator in question how I would make a complaint against them but I've not had a reply. 

Would someone be able to link me to resources for how I can do this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (216 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to make a complaint about a moderator on the EA forums

Community Manager

Hi @xDave

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that's been your experience. We aim to create a space where our fans can feel comfortable chatting and discussing the game with each other and ideally have an enjoyable time on Answers HQ. To help manage that, we have forum rules and guidelines in place and if they are being broken our Moderators and Staff would enforce those rules. 

However, if you've come across any forum post, message or moderation action that has genuinely seemed unfair, toxic or has gone against the forum rules, including posts or messages from Forum Moderators or Community Managers, please report it using these steps: 

1. Locate the post or message you'd like to flag in your report. 
  2. Click on the three dots visible on the opposite of the post number (1.)
  3. Click on the 'Report button' (2.)
  4. In the next part, enter a short description explaining why you find content posted by another user or Moderator is against forum rules and guidelines.

The report then arrives in an admin queue where it'll be picked up, looked into and handled internally. 🙂 In the spoiler tag below, you'll see steps #2 + #3 captured in images to help provide a visual of these steps. Click on the spoiler tag to view them. 

Spoiler
toxicityreportENG.png
toxicityreportENG2.png

Alternatively, if you're looking to appeal a forum ban or warning, you can get in touch with our Terms of Service team who'll investigate it for you. Here's how: 

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)

All Replies

Re: How to make a complaint about a moderator on the EA forums

Community Manager

Hi @xDave

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that's been your experience. We aim to create a space where our fans can feel comfortable chatting and discussing the game with each other and ideally have an enjoyable time on Answers HQ. To help manage that, we have forum rules and guidelines in place and if they are being broken our Moderators and Staff would enforce those rules. 

However, if you've come across any forum post, message or moderation action that has genuinely seemed unfair, toxic or has gone against the forum rules, including posts or messages from Forum Moderators or Community Managers, please report it using these steps: 

1. Locate the post or message you'd like to flag in your report. 
  2. Click on the three dots visible on the opposite of the post number (1.)
  3. Click on the 'Report button' (2.)
  4. In the next part, enter a short description explaining why you find content posted by another user or Moderator is against forum rules and guidelines.

The report then arrives in an admin queue where it'll be picked up, looked into and handled internally. 🙂 In the spoiler tag below, you'll see steps #2 + #3 captured in images to help provide a visual of these steps. Click on the spoiler tag to view them. 

Spoiler
toxicityreportENG.png
toxicityreportENG2.png

Alternatively, if you're looking to appeal a forum ban or warning, you can get in touch with our Terms of Service team who'll investigate it for you. Here's how: 

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)