Re: Girlfriend downloaded Origin now nothing will load

by EA_David

Original Post

Girlfriend downloaded Origin now nothing will load

★★★ Newbie

My Girlfriend downloaded origin to play sims 4 on her laptop. Her laptop began to act weird so she uninstalled it, but now nothing will load. She clicks on an icon and nothing will happen, even the start button will load. She has anti-virus software and ran a scan but it picked up nothing wrong, she got a cleaner, ran that and it still didn't work and she defraged it and it still didn't do anything. Shes up at college right now and doesn't have time to go to the IT department to get it checked out. Is there anything she can do on her own that could fix this? What even caused this kind of problem and what kind of problem is it?

Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

Community Manager

@Typhoid_Heckler Sorry, I'm not sure I understand fully. Are you saying she has general PC issues now? How was the PC acting weird before? What is she trying to load exactly?

Was Origin downloaded from the EA site here? https://www.origin.com/en-ie/download

You might want to try rolling back the system if that's set up, but maybe that won't be necessary. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, the link that you gave me was where she downloaded it from, and from the little information she gave me i assume it is a general software problem. None of her applications will load and she cant use the start button so she cant do a system restore.

Message 3 of 4 (229 Views)

Community Manager

@Typhoid_Heckler Thanks. Honestly it's not looking good, but for the next step I'd try running the System File Checker. It' an inbuilt utility that will check for issues with Windows files and fix them if possible. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If start is unresponsive you might be able to press the Windows Key and R, then type "cmd" to bring up the command prompt as in the article, but I fear that you might not have the necessary admin rights if you do it that way. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)