Re: Forgotten email address for Origin account

by Mooka825

Original Post

Forgotten email address for Origin account

★★★ Newbie

I just contacted an EA advisor via live chat, phone, and putting in a recovery ticket. I provided product keys to my SIMS 4 game as well as one of my expansion packs and they STILL WOULD NOT HELP ME. If I could remember the email address I wouldnt have contacted them. Now I am out of over $100 because my daughter cant remember an email address she used to create the account. Why are the advisors not trained to use other information to verify account owner identity. I could have provided all of the product keys to every expansion pack but all they cared aboit was the email address....this is poor customer service especially when I am a paying customer who now can't even use the products I paid for. 

Message 1 of 6 (445 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Mooka825 but if you are unable to verify ownership of an account then our live support advisers will be unable to provide you with any information relating to the account.

Your best bet is to go through all your emails and see if you can locate the one linked to your EA account as product keys are not enough for verification or ownership.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That would be easy if my daughter still had access to the email address. If it's the email we think it is, she no longer has access to it because it was an old school account and she no longer attends the school and can't access it. Why does EA not use any other form of identification for these accounts? A security question, or something. Why not ask me to verify all of the expansion packs on the game or anything. I even gave the date, and time of purchase, the name of an expansion pack and where it was purchased and the product key and still nothing because I couldn't remember an email address. I'm not a fan of wasting money and I'm really not a fan of being told "there's nothing we can do" because there is. The recovery ticket even asked me for my IP address for my home internet and I provided that....why can't someone help me??? 

Message 3 of 6 (408 Views)

Community Manager

If you have completed the lost account information then you will need to wait to hear back from the team @Mooka825.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Darwin told me i jad to speak to someone else and he couldn't help me

Message 5 of 6 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So since Darwin in account recovery couldnt help me and I have provided every email address I have, how do I know my account wasnt hacked and this information wasn't changed? Why aren't there other safe guards in place to help identify owners of these accounts. What if the account was stolen and the email changed then that basically means I will NEVER be able to access it...I am a VERY DISSATISFIED customer!

Message 6 of 6 (357 Views)