EA Support

by The_Doctor8447

Original Post

EA Support

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

About two weeks ago a friend of mine decided to pick up Battlefield 2042 since it was on sale and asked if I wanted to squad up again since I already owned the game.  Although I had long since uninstalled it I thought it would be fun so I agreed.  During the course of the weekend I was stuck being unable to download and install.  After a trying several times whenever I got the chance and trying several basic fixes (uninstalling/reinstalling EA App, restarting, App Recovery, Clearing Cache, run as Admin, etc...) nothing seemed to work so I finally decided to contact EA Support. 

The only option was to open a ticket and wait for an email which can take up to 72 hours so that's what I did.  I also later discovered replying to the email they send directly just opens a brand new ticket so to keep everything in the same case number you need to go through the process of filling out the form on the site.  Such a time waster!  I'm in IT so I was sure to be as detailed as I can be in what the issue was and what I tried to resolve.  Two days later I get what I can only assume is an auto-reply to do the same basic fixes I already tried.  I go to the support site and it has my ticket marked as resolved.  Luckily I'm able to resume/reopen the ticket although somewhat very roundabout since I have to fill in my name and email every time and have to wait almost 72 hours for a reply.  The next reply I get is asking to verify the email my EA account is using which is what they've been emailing.  Understandable though annoying that I'd be losing time waiting for a reply. 

The next reply is even more pointless since it once again says to try the same things I've already tried.  I humor them and do it again and reply that it still does not work.  They reply again saying to shutdown background process.  Weird but I humor them.  As expected it doesn't work and I make it clear I can install other EA games just not Battlefield 2042.  By the next reply I get another tech (this is about the 3rd/4th one) who once again suggests I do the same fixes from the start.  Now I'm annoyed and make it clear while trying to remain polite.  

They tell me to open up a live chat which means going through opening new ticket which I try but there is no option to Live Chat just to fill out form again and email.  I explain this to them and guess what?  Two days later I get a reply do the same earlier fixes like App Recovery.

In the end I had to go rogue and find a fix from the players which all had said to use Origin instead of the EA App which isn't easy since once you run it after install it locks you out and forces you to install EA App which uninstalls Origin.  Fortunately I was able to work around that and get Origin running to install Battlefield 2042 with no issues.

This truly was a waste of two weeks time, tremendously frustrating, and horribly inefficient.  Years ago my EA account was hacked and I hadn't realized until months later and I was able to call and get it all resolved in a single morning.  What happened to that EA support?

Rant over.

(cm edit - updated title to reflect post)

Message 1 of 1 (204 Views)