Do people still work in customer service or do they not care?

by MrCrunch08

Original Post

Do people still work in customer service or do they not care?

★★★ Novice

Are people still working here? 6+ hours waiting for help and still no one can be bothered to help. All I want to do is make a purchase with a card I use everywhere online without issue. For some reason you guys won't verify it. If you are just going to tell me to contact support then please don't bother. I have tried to contact customer support multiple times and spent over 6 hours between today and yesterday waiting for someone to help. 

Message 1 of 8 (569 Views)

Re: Do people still work in customer service or do they not care?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Chat Window

Thank you for contacting us. Amelia (Automated Game Advisor) will help you soon.
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)Hi! I'm Amelia, EA's Automated Game Advisor. I'm going to collect some info from you to start your case. This will help us get right to work so you can get back in the game faster. This is a new thing we're testing and we appreciate your help!
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)What email address do you use to login to your EA account?
you[edit: email address removed]
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)Thanks, I'm looking up your account now.
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)OK, I found your account, give me a moment to pull up the rest of your information.
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)Could you please tell me the answer to the security question on your EA account?

What is the name of the ?
you********
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)OK. I have collected all of the information I need to transfer you to an EA Advisor.
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)How am I doing so far:
3 - Pretty Great
2 - Wasn't good or bad
1 - Worst. Thing. Ever.
you1
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)Thanks! We appreciate you helping us test new things.
Amelia (Automated Game Advisor)I'm going to transfer you to an EA Advisor now, they'll take things from here.
Please wait while we get this chat session where it needs to go.
Thank you for contacting us. Alejandro will help you soon.
AlejandroThanks for holding, my name's Alejandro, with Electronic Arts. I'll be just one more moment as I go over your case notes, then we can get started.
youyep
AlejandroHello! May I ask whom I'm speaking with today?
youMichael
AlejandroNice to meet you Michael!
youthanks but if you don't mind can we see what the issue is with making a purchase? I have already put nearly 6 hours in waiting for help so I would really like to get this going.
AlejandroWhat happens when you try to make a purchase?
youIt won't verify my card. I know my card is good since all my other game purchases in the last while have been with this card. I also made a purchase this morning using the card.
youI tried calling them after getting left waiting on chat last night and they see nothing coming from you guys to verify it or complete the purchase.
AlejandroHave you tried to remove the payment options and then input the details to the account again
youI should also say it is not the card I added to my account last night. I did what you just said and it wouldn't take the card I am trying to use so got a virtual visa generated worth $0.50 and for some reason I was allowed to add that virtual card but not the real card I use for everything.
AlejandroI would like to verify the account to get a better look at the purchase history.
youk
AlejandroFor security purposes on the account, What is the name of the first school you attended?
you***
AlejandroThank you
AlejandroPlease give me a moment to review you account details on this issue. I would like to thank you in advance for your patience.
youthanks
AlejandroWhat are the last 4 numbers of the card you used. Do no supply all the numbers, just the last 4
you****
AlejandroThank you.
AlejandroAfter looking at the account, there seems to be a 4 purchases pending on this account. Which would lock down an account from additional purchases. I see a card with ***1 on the account is what is pending, so I would reach out to the bank on that card to investigate why 4 purchase pending. Since we can not stop or refund anything at the moment. No funds have come to us at all, just pending from the bank
AlejandroUntil they clear or fail, the account will not let a new card or additional purchase go through
youNo, I did not use that card or even have that card anymore. I put in the info from the card I just gave you. Your system must have somehow not used the payment method I selected. I was also denied the purchase all 4 times. There is no record of those purchases on the banks side because like I said I already spoke with them.
youYour system told me immediately after trying to pay for those that they couldn't verify the payment method. If it switched to that fake virtual card number after putting that info in which happened way after trying to make those purchases it is on the origin store and not the bank./
AlejandroThen when they update their system notification on the payments it should come up as failed. When that clears then you should be able to add a new card and make a purchase. Right now you are just in that window of waiting for the update to be sent to our system then from your bank
AlejandroWhich you nor I have the ability to speed up
youSMH, I had that same info before I even added that virtual card
youthose 4 attempts were there when I had no payment info on my account.
AlejandroOnce they clear you'll be able to make a purchase again.
youI only added that second after I seen all that just to see if the site worked at all
AlejandroJust have to be patient and wait for that to complete
youAnd I still won't be able to make a purchase.
AlejandroNot until they fail or complete
youIdk why this is difficult but there wouldn't be 4 attempts if it worked and I wouldn't have added that card if it worked. Why is it attempting to make a charge that was denied the second I tried to make the purchase?
youEven after waiting for those charges to complete that should already be complete I am still trying to use a card your site won't accept.
AlejandroSince purchasing is not a direct process. I will do my best to help explain this if you like.
AlejandroWhich might help you understand how payments work
youI know how payments work. I did your job for nearly 5 years so I am very familiar with the process.
AlejandroI can tell you things change a lot here, so the process you might know could be different. But if you understand how it works, then I won't supply those details. The main thing here, is waiting for those pending transactions to complete their process before you can purchase again
youI used ***5 to make all four of those attempts and got denied all 4 times. It still showed pending for all 4 despite instantly denying me. Only after getting no response and waiting hours for chat did I add that other card.
youWhat you don't seem to be understanding is it doesn't matter if they clear or not. It doesn't change the fact origin won't accept the ***5 card. Even if they clear that is the card I used to make those attempts and that other card was only added after the fact.
youprobably resulting in a second attempt to complete the purchase. End result is both cards are being denied.
AlejandroUntil these have finished, there is nothing we can change on the account at this moment. I know that can be frustrating for you, but we can look into your card addition issue once these have complete their process. This way the account is not locked from additions
AlejandroIn fact I can even leave the case in a waiting status to resume later
AlejandroSince we can leave a case open for 7 days for additional steps
youSo I waited 6+ hours to get told to wait some more. Thanks... I will be sharing this lovely experience and the full chat. Please keep it open since no help has been given.
Message 2 of 8 (562 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is the help I get. Waited more than 6 hours to be told to wait some more only to be left back where I started. 

Message 3 of 8 (561 Views)

★★ Pro

@MrCrunch08 

Please immediately remove the answers to your secret question and reset them!!! This is sensitive info that'll get your account hacked! 

Message 4 of 8 (557 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for pointing that out. I removed it and changed account info. I thought I caught everything but apparently not. Thank you again for pointing that out.

Message 5 of 8 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@MrCrunch08 

Weird it took 6 hours though.. It really shouldn't

That said it seems you have 4 pending payments which blocks you from adding any additional cards till those 4 either fail or complete if I got it right. 

When did those 4 faulty payments get into the system? 

Message 6 of 8 (547 Views)

★★★ Newbie
who do i take to about my new visa number i put in
Message 7 of 8 (424 Views)

★★★ Newbie
who do i talk to about my new visa number i put in
Message 8 of 8 (423 Views)