Re: Deleted e-mail account (and recieved the worst consumer service from EA)

by yahel_1

Original Post

Deleted e-mail account (and recieved the worst consumer service from EA)

★★★ Newbie

Some (many) months ago I deleted my old e-mail account.

After the decision became final and there was no turning back to recover my e-mail account (from the hotmail domain), I tried to log in to my EA account and (surprise!) it wasn't possible. It had been deleted along my old e-mail account (wtf?).

I tried to contact EA in every way possible. I opened more than a couple of cases in different EA sections: first in the US, then in spanish and the UK's version. The result was always the same. I would wait for hours for someone to contact me but nothing happened. Eventually, after some days my case would be deleted. Absolutely no response.

If it wasn't for the money I had invested in my games I think I would have given up long ago, but I refuse to give them up to such a poor costumer service (is there any at all?).

I just want my account and games back. Is it too much to ask? Why on earth would EA delete accounts when e-mails are deleted? Wouldn't it be wiser to send me an alert and ask for a new e-mail account? Or at least to somehow alert me from changing the e-mail account when my old e-mail account was in process of being closed by microsoft but hadn't been definitely closed yet.

Can someone please help me?

PS: Clearly I had to create a new one just to try to reach you through the only way I've noticed EA sometimes replies.

Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: Deleted e-mail account (and recieved the worst consumer service from EA)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @SofiaB247

This is how to update your account information in Origin https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password/ follow these steps in the first phase.

The following steps can be used to see if your email address has an EA (Origin) account :

- go to the https://profile.ea.com/ website.

-click on “I forgot my password”.

-enter the email address you want to test and then click on “Continue”.

1.If the email address DOES have an Origin/EA account, then you will get a message that begins with “An email has been sent to the address you provided”. If you really want to reset your password, just follow the directions in the email If you don’t want to reset your password, then just ignore.

2.If the email address DOES NOT have an Origin/EA account, then you will get a message that begins with “No EA account was found with the email address on file”.

NOTE if the above steps do not resolve your issue then you need to use the Talk to a Game Advisor link on the left, and a Game Advisor will assist you.

Select Origin from the list.

Select a topic for the best results.

Scroll to the bottom and select Contact Us.

Select your platform and list a short description of your problem.

Select live chat or call me to request a call back from an advisor

-For Live Chat try to use Internet Explorer and you need to change your country of residence to the United Kingdom from the menu at the top of the screen.

- In most countries are available between 09:00-21:00 Monday-Saturday

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 2 (87 Views)