Re: Can’t login with Xbox – don’t know EA account

by SalarymanDaishi

Original Post

Can’t login with Xbox – don’t know EA account

★★★ Novice

Hello, I wanted to play Battlefield 1 on my Xbox today and I have to log into my EA account. But I do not remember which mail address it was. I created the account sometime in 2012 or so. I have never needed the credentials since. What can I do?

Message 1 of 7 (1,287 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Mister-Tarun,

You should be able to try logging into any EA Help website to try working around a forgotten email.

When you're given the login prompt, you can try selecting the Xbox option to sign in using your Xbox account credentials instead of your EA Account info.

If you're able to sign in that way, you should be able to check the Connections page and verify you're seeing the right Xbox profile linked to make sure this is the right account.

If that's an email you can still access, you'll be able to update it from this account page if necessary.

If you no longer have access to the email or still cannot sign in using your Xbox login info, please reach out to support and they'll be able to try verifying some additional information to get that updated for you.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,273 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mako, thanks for your reply. I tried to login using the Xbox option, but then I am asked to reset my password. But I don't remember which email address I used.
Where can I see what address the linked EA account has?

Message 3 of 7 (1,249 Views)

Community Manager

@Mister-Tarun 

Ah ok! If you're getting a password reset prompt at that point, it likely means the EA Account has become inactive. The email would not be visible unless you're able to sign in.

In that case it would be best to speak with support directly. They should be able to locate the account using your Xbox gamertag and can verify some other information with you at that point to get this updated.

Mako.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Mako 

Wow. I just chatted with support twice and that was perhaps the worst communication with support I've ever had.

On the first try, I explained the problem and support immediately told me to try all email addresses. I explained that I only have two email addresses and checked both. He said to just try another address - what?? - or create a new Xbox account. He can't be serious, can he? He didn't respond to further questions afterwards, but just repeated the same standard phrases. I then cancelled the chat.

After that, I immediately started a new chat because I couldn't believe that there was no support here at all. Then it got even worse. Apparently the second EA guy saw that I had contacted support before about the same problem. I explained my problem again. He immediately said that I can contact support as many times as I want, but there is nothing they can do.

I then asked if I should really throw away my 10+ year old Xbox account.

In response, he wrote "that I can do anything that makes me happy"!

Is THAT the kind of support a customer can expect from EA???? Seriously?

Message 5 of 7 (1,175 Views)

★ Guide
@Mister-Tarun
As such things happened to me to (and I re-read the conversation multiple times):
I am pretty sure you talked to a chat bot that uses some keyword-based reactions and some standard-lookups to your account.
No human being involved, so no-one is be able to help with your specific problem, just standard context-related text boxes, the same like email-based conversation. Thus also the concluding question...
Message 6 of 7 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Mister-Tarun That is exactly the kind of customer support to expect in this situation. If you have an expired or a deleted EA account associated with your Xbox (or PSN) account, and you can no longer access it (because you've forgotten its email address or you remember it but it is no longer even valid) then customer support just plain can't help.

The only way around is a) to guess which email address is associated with your Xbox account and somehow try to regain access to it or b) create an entirely new Xbox account and an entirely new EA account to go with it (which, of course, means losing all your achievements and having to subscribe to another Live account). Even if you could prove ownership of your Xbox account to which the said EA account is linked to, EA doesn't care. That expired EA account is forever married to your active Xbox account, and if you can't recover it, them's the breaks.

An absolutely ridiculous scenario, I know, but that's the way EA seems to roll.

Message 7 of 7 (974 Views)