Re: Can't Log In To Origin

by holger1405

Original Post

Can't Log In To Origin

★ Novice

I've had to create this secondary account because you have no way of helping me on my main account to log in since I can't log in.

So my main account can't log in ANYWHERE because the authenticator app is no longer on my phone. So, not only can't I log in to Origin, I can't log into my account on the web and by extension can't get any support. So how can I either get details on how to get the (I'm assuming) Google Authenticator App tied back to my main account or get my account changed back to email authentication?

Loco

Message 1 of 9 (577 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Geek_Loco2

Please check this article https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/origin-login-verification-information/ 

If you still experience difficulties with this then contact EA support:  How to contact EA support

Message 2 of 9 (552 Views)

★ Novice

The first link gives me "Sorry, that page doesn't exist!"

I've already been to the 2nd link and this is why I am getting more and more ticked off. From the first sentence in my first post: "I've had to create this secondary account because you have no way of helping me on my main account to log in since I can't log in."

And from your 2nd link:

"Start your contact by doing the following:

1. Select your region
  2. Log in
  3. Select Contact us"

Can you see my point? EA seems to have no way of helping me if I can't log in. If I'm missing something, please tell me what I am missing on the page. I appreciate the response, I really do. But EA needs to open some avenues for assistance as I can't be the first one to come across this issue.

Loco

Message 3 of 9 (530 Views)

★ Novice

I was able to pull up the first page after I stripped some extra characters after "verification-information", but I have been there already, and everything that I see on there assumes that you can login to get to your account settings. If I can't log in because I don't have the authenticator app on my phone anymore, how am I supposed to get to my account settings?

Message 4 of 9 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Geek_Loco2

Here is a guide for this case.

Edit: Furthermore, at the setup of the Authenticator app you got back-up codes for such a case, do you still have this codes?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 9 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This can easily be resolved by contacting an advisor via the phone. Give them the mail of the original account and they'll help you change the TFA if you can verify the account is yours.

You can't solve this in any other way. You don't have to give your main account to be able to call them about another account. 

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 6 of 9 (496 Views)

★ Novice

I had to take a break from trying to recover my account because this is pissing me off so bad. OK. Your response typifies why this is pissing me off. You were trying to be helpful by giving me a link and saying to call them on the phone... BUT... NOWHERE is there a phone number. As I have been trying to unsuccessfully communicate. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT EA IF YOU CAN"T LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT!

Can someone PLEASE post a phone number for me to contact EA to get my Origin account back???

Thank you in advance.

Message 7 of 9 (452 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Geek_Loco2 wrote:

I had to take a break from trying to recover my account because this is pissing me off so bad. OK. Your response typifies why this is pissing me off. You were trying to be helpful by giving me a link and saying to call them on the phone... BUT... NOWHERE is there a phone number. As I have been trying to unsuccessfully communicate. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT EA IF YOU CAN"T LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT!

Can someone PLEASE post a phone number for me to contact EA to get my Origin account back???

Thank you in advance.

@Geek_Loco2 All contact information you can find in my post above. You can use your current account to contact support.

Message 8 of 9 (443 Views)

@Geek_Loco2

If call becomes the only option, you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice for this call to reduce the cost. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK. (UK number  +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

More international Telephone numbers:

UK: +44 203 0141818
France:  +33 4 81 68 08 08
Spain: +34 911 230 490
Germany +49 221 37 050 193
Austria: +43 720  88 33 49
Mexico: +52 33 4770 5297
Norwegian:  +47 21 08 17 06
Dutch: +31 20 80 83 219
Swiss  +41 225 18 10 05

Poland  +48 22 39 70 840

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 9 (386 Views)