Account was hacked and now the security keeps saying my answer wrong

by chdi764CWGhbdh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account was hacked and now the security keeps saying my answer wrong

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My account (this account) was hacked where I know it because I received a email saying my email and password was changed, so I revert the email and changed the password, but I can't change my name as I ask for my security question's answer and I am not sure if that was even set by me, and there're no way to change or reset that setting thru email.

I tried your help page and it advice me to take a phone call, I wouldn't mind but right now I'm not inside the states, can I get help thru the original email address?

god this name is gibberish and I just want to change it  .\  /. 

Jinx

Message 1 of 6 (328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account was hacked and now the security keeps saying my answer wrong

EA DICE Team

Hi @chdi764CWGhbdh,

Account management changes can only be done by our Live Support, so it will not be possible to request a change for this over email. Since you mentioned that you are outside the states, there might still be a way to contact us over telephone, or otherwise over chat, which is also a valid option. Please follow the below guide and adjust to your current country of residence.

In any case, you can always try keeping the website as US and starting a chat with us.

1. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ -- do not use a mobile device to contact us
2. Select your country from the upper left corner. If it isn't listed, try US or UK
3. Select Game, click Next
4. Select Platform, click Next
5. Select Topic and Issue and give a description, click Next
6. Select the method in which you want to contact us
7. Some contact options might not be available depending on the time at which you place your request

Doesn't work? Select another game, topic or issue. You can also press F5 to reload the page or try another browser.

Unable to login on your account? Click "Having trouble accessing your account?" at the bottom right of the screen, during the login step.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (322 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hi @chdi764CWGhbdh,

Account management changes can only be done by our Live Support, so it will not be possible to request a change for this over email. Since you mentioned that you are outside the states, there might still be a way to contact us over telephone, or otherwise over chat, which is also a valid option. Please follow the below guide and adjust to your current country of residence.

In any case, you can always try keeping the website as US and starting a chat with us.

1. Go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ -- do not use a mobile device to contact us
2. Select your country from the upper left corner. If it isn't listed, try US or UK
3. Select Game, click Next
4. Select Platform, click Next
5. Select Topic and Issue and give a description, click Next
6. Select the method in which you want to contact us
7. Some contact options might not be available depending on the time at which you place your request

Doesn't work? Select another game, topic or issue. You can also press F5 to reload the page or try another browser.

Unable to login on your account? Click "Having trouble accessing your account?" at the bottom right of the screen, during the login step.

Message 2 of 6 (323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I've got the same issue myself, with my security question written in Russian (So I know it wasn't me who set it up) and I've tried the method outlined, but when I get to the page about selecting the method by which I want to contact EA Support, I get it as pictured in the attachment.

I have no clickable options to select a contact method.

Am I missing something, are there actually supposed to be additional buttons on that page and I'm simply not loading it correctly... or has your website been hacked, and the options removed?

Message 3 of 6 (311 Views)

EA DICE Team

@zeknif

Depending on the country selected, certain contact options might not have been available at that time. You will never get an email option for any account management options, so if no Live Support was available nothing will show up.

If you tried this during opening hours, can you try changing the manage your accoount subject to something else, such as technical support or missing content. I investigate this myself meanwhile to see if the website is working as intended.

Message 4 of 6 (305 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, as I don't have a currently active phone, I'll have to use the work around you suggested, and I was able to send my ticket through the Answer HQ, currently awaiting a response.

Message 5 of 6 (292 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hope you are able to get it sorted as soon as possible.. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (286 Views)