Re: Account Linking Help

by JackUnited7

Original Post

Account Linking Help

★ Novice

Really needing some help here. 

My son’s Xbox profile is linked to an anonymous EA account. It’s impossible to unlink even though I’ve done that through the Microsoft account. 

I can’t login to the anonymous EA account as we have no email address or password. 

I’ve got a new EA account for him which I cannot link to his Xbox as this anonymous one refuses to unlink. 

Most annoying thing is, I’ve bought him EAFC 24 and redeemed it on his new EA account. 

But, when we play it, it’s showing as trial as we’re playing through PC and it’s linking his anonymous EA to his Xbox PC app. 

My head is done in. Why is it so difficult with EA? I’m assuming I’ll have to ring them next week. 

Message 1 of 3 (211 Views)

Community Manager

@djmartincape 

There are a few things going on here. First thing first. You need to change the info on the account with support so that they can get you to make the rest of the changes.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, we must verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you are not able to gain access to the email on file, or for some reason the linked EA account is not your account, you will need to reach out to live support by clicking Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case. Please first delete all cache and browser history from the browser(s) you normally use.

• Select the EA App
  • Select one of the account issues like I cannot log in
  • You may get a pop-up that says login and get faster help
  • Select Continue without logging in
  • This should give you the chat/email option

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi pal. 
I’ve already started a case, I’m just waiting on some input. 
im assuming this anonymous linked account is something that Xbox/ea setup when purely using Xbox (he’s had his Xbox for a few years) and he has now moved to a PC. 
hopefully EA will be able to help me and I’ll get on with them on live chat. I have access to any emails used over the past few years so I hope it’s straight forward. 

Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)