Re: Access Denied

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Access Denied

Message 1 of 2 (373 Views)

Re: Access Denied

Community Manager

Hey @area12gami943 what happens when you try to open that page?

Do you see an error message of any kind?

This is the content of the first post in the thread:

Hello everyone. 

I literally just bought the Crysis Trilogy last night and wanted to play it the next day, but apparently Origin[damn you] only gave out the 32bit version of the Crysis 1 game. So, here I am to give a helping hand to those fellow players who bought the game only to have them crash to a black screen after launching it.

I believe this problem didn't only happene to me, but also for someone else. After struggling, trying to look up various way of fixing it, I finally manage to get it going and I would like to share my process on doing so.

First and foremost, I'm not sure if the problem persists depending on system specs or OS, but i'd like to provide mine's in the hopes of you having similar ones or close enough that this fix will end up working for you as well.

AMD FX-8320

MSI GTX 970

G.skill RipJaws 1866 8GB(2x4)

Asus M5A97 R2.0

I hope that's enough of my PC specs ^

Without further ado, I'll provide the steps on how I get my 32bit Crysis to 64 and have it run in my PC.

1. Download these files. (apparently, while looking up the issue, i stumbled upon other people who ran into this problem and tried providing a fix with these files, i only manage to get them working through the method I'm about to show you).

Bin64 and Crysis.exe

Bin64 

Crysis.exe if this link don't work try the other ones..

Crysis.exe

http://www.4shared.com/postDownload/UBGRB7OZba/crysis.html This one you need to log-in through FB or G+ (feel free to be skeptical, it worked for me tho)

Bin64

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iuboqsazqezvu3t/Bin64.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71527378/Bin64.zip

2. Extract Bin64 to Desktop

3. Copy/Cut Crysis.exe into the Bin64 Folder

4. Locate your Crysis one folder.

As for mine it's in (E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Crysis) 

or if your Crysis game shortcut is on desktop, just right click on it then "Open File Location"

5. Within the Bin64 folder you downloaded and pasted the downloaded Crysis.exe, Copy/Cut everything and paste them into the Crysis Bin32 Folder.

i.e. mine's (E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Crysis\Bin32)

6. On your Crysis desktop shorcut: Right-click>Properties>Compatibility>Check the box in "Compatibility Mode"and put it in Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)>Apply then Okay. If you don't have a desktop shortcut, the Crysis.exe in the Bin32 folder should be fine as well. Just Right-click on it the so on..

PS: It may happen to you or not, but just in case, I wanna put it here as well. If your desktop shortcut does not have the compatibility tab in the properties, just try what i did: Right-click>Troubleshoot compatibility let it run and go through it then afterwards, the Compatibility tab would pop-up.

7. Run it then voila!

This is not 100% will work for everyone, however, this worked for me and now I'm playing it. Apparently, some system will have this problem persists. Also, this only worked for Origin, which I have. Some people having it from steam might be experiencing the same problem, so please feel free to use this fix if you want, however, there's no guarantee of solving the problem 100%.

Well, I hope this works for you!! Feel free to leave a comment if it fixed your game or ran into a problem after going through this process. I'll be here to respond and help as much as I can, the best that I can.

Thank you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (320 Views)