Re: 3 days installing Crysis

by togatheone

Original Post

3 days installing Crysis

★ Novice

Game has been downloaded, tried to install and said "corrupted instalation".  Now, for three days straight, with my computer on all day long, the game has been on "installing" status and i cannot pause nor cancel the installation I also re-downloaded the game. I want to play my game, and i have been through everything (firewall, restart download, verify instalation etc) and the problem is not my internet.

Message 1 of 8 (260 Views)

EA Staff

Could you please restart your PC and the run a  repair on the game (right click the game tile and select the Repair Game option)?

Message 2 of 8 (249 Views)

★ Novice
"i have been through everything (firewall, restart download, verify instalation etc)" I'm emphasizing this part, because I already tried what you asked me to do. And it is a shameful customer service that takes more than two days to answer a customer with a problem. I hope the next answer takes less time, because I still want to play the game.
Message 3 of 8 (242 Views)

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator
  8. Enable Safe mode Downloading (Application Settings (top left Origin menu) - Advanced)
Message 4 of 8 (238 Views)

Hero

If it says corrupt installation it might suggest you have a localized harddrive problem. Try closing Origin and check the harddrive for errors:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-chkdsk/

Also, check Windows while you are at it:

http://help.ea.com/sg/article/how-do-i-run-the-system-file-checker/

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 8 (235 Views)

★ Novice

Simply not working. Did everything, not helpful at all. Game is still stuck on "installing" for HOURS!!!!

Message 6 of 8 (217 Views)

★ Novice

Hardly, because all other games and programs installed are running perfectly, not even hiccups on the hard drives.

Message 7 of 8 (216 Views)

★ Novice

3 weeks. Not 3 days, 3 weeks. And EA still takes more than 24 hours to give me answers. I want to play the game, for god's sake!

Message 8 of 8 (193 Views)