Re: 2 Computers - Sims 3

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

2 Computers - Sims 3

★★ Novice

Hello. So, I recently downloaded The Sims 3 on my main computer, and I love it. But, I would like to play with the same sims and household on my laptop. I have downloaded the game on my laptop, but I cant figure out how to transfer the Sims over to the laptop. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you for reading, please help.

-kfaulk1216

Message 1 of 4 (281 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@kfaulk1216

On your main system, navigate to the following folder: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, now copy over the entire Sims 3 folder and paste it on your other system. Start the game again and you should have the same household to play with.

Let me know if you have further questions.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@kfaulk1216

On your main system, navigate to the following folder: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, now copy over the entire Sims 3 folder and paste it on your other system. Start the game again and you should have the same household to play with.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Message 2 of 4 (291 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok, thank you! If I do something on one computer, will it appear on the next or will I have to copy the files over agin?
Message 3 of 4 (272 Views)

EA DICE Team

@kfaulk1216

I don't think Cloud Storage is available for Sims 3. You can check this by right-clicking Sims 3 in Origin and selecting Game Details--there should be a Cloud Storage tab here. If you turn that on you should be able to automatically download these files on another system.

If that option is not available then you will need to copy your files every time you make a change on another system.

Message 4 of 4 (241 Views)