Re: install Dragon Age Inquisition via DVD

by Udju

Original Post

Community Manager

As in, when you put in the disc it should autorun. Close this and let it lie idle in your disc drive. Then when you click "download" on Origin it should just stream from the disc. Unfortunately this looks pretty much the same as downloading from the net, but there's obviously a speed disparity, and breaks to change disc. 

If it's still not working, try restarting with a clean boot. If you have any Virtual Hard Drive software that might be interfering. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 11 of 24 (1,887 Views)

★ Apprentice

ok i will try again. but when i did exactly as you described, the disk didn't start to spin, and origin started to download it, which i could see in the traffic window of my antivirus software.

Message 12 of 24 (1,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

it is not working, i tried everything. whenever i hit "download" its dowloading it! (actually that's what one expects :D) again the disk don't spin and i can see clearly the download traffic. what a fail to forget the "install from dvd" button. i don't use any virtual drive software. please fix your installer or origin, or both. like this, paying customers like me are just getting angry because they cannot play the game they have purchased! Confusedmileymad:

Message 13 of 24 (1,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

does origin needs to be installed on C in order to be recognized by the setup? i installed it on partition D, because i would like to install the game also on D. but when i start the setup, i can only clik on "continue" ("fortfahren", the button below), but not on "install" (see picture).

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/41/12/53/dai310.jpg

Message 14 of 24 (1,860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If running Windows 8.1, after you insert the disc, you will need to launch file explorer in order to get the DVD or Blu-ray drive to read the disc. Then click on the popup on the upper right corner of the screen to select autorun. At least I have to do it each time. It's a little bug in Windows 8.1 that Microsoft never fixed.

Message 15 of 24 (1,856 Views)

★ Apprentice

the drive is reading the dvd. i see all the files. when i insert the dvd the window pops up and i select autorun. then the window pops up like i uploaded in a previous post. from there i installed origin. i cannot install from there the game, only click on "fortfahren" (continue). then the disk spins for some seconds and stops again. the game is not installed. i followed all the steps in http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-installation-of-physical-copy... still no success

Message 16 of 24 (1,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem, fixed it!!!

I had Origin installed on my D:\ drive. I uninstalled it and then started the Autorun.exe on the DAI installation disc.

It then starts to install Origin. I used the standard installation folder C:\Program Files\Origin\.

After updating and loging in the installation of DAI started FROM THE DVD!

Btw: You can still change the installation folder for your games in the settings menu of origin. So you can have origin installed on C:\ while your games are on D:\

Message 17 of 24 (1,849 Views)

★ Apprentice

ok thanks a lot i will try that :catvery-happy:

Message 18 of 24 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

yes, this worked for me too! i had origin on D, when i reinstalled it on C the installation from DVD started  Confusedmileyhappy:  thank you, TheMayem!  :catvery-happy:

Message 19 of 24 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

on my pc worked : ..... install Origin on Disc ,,C/program files" ... than all works fine and install started from disc

Message 20 of 24 (1,688 Views)