Re: WHY IS EA NOT DOING ANYTHING??!

by arnarchie

Original Post

WHY IS EA NOT DOING ANYTHING??!

★ Guide
Another update and yet we still get the "cannot connect to server" screen. Do something! At least post something saying you're working on it. As of now EA appears incompetent at best or to have deaf ears at worst.
Message 1 of 4 (907 Views)

★★ Apprentice

what exactly is the problem, have you NEVER been able to connect to the server? or is the screen just shown occasionally? maybe just often?

As this is an app for mobile devices there are several areas where the connection could break down (or cause a delay which causes a connection timeout)

just to narrow it down:

- Are you using Wireless LAN  or mobile internet?

- At what speed?

- how good is your reception?

- how well can you access other internet services (homepages, etc)

-> maybe try to ping other servers or do some online internet test, just to have a look at the numbers there...

If all this is absolutely 100% out of question and you have the perfect wireless internet connectivity, i would assume that the servers are under heavy load (which might cause EA to expand there server structure) or you have a bug which just makes the game think, that it couldn't connect to the server (that would be totally EAs fault and would have to be fixed Standard smile )

Message 2 of 4 (834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@arnarchie wrote:

(that would be totally EAs fault and would have to be fixed Standard smile )

We have been waiting for over a month for them to fix it Frown

Message 3 of 4 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

fix what exactly? i still don't see a real description of the problem. (don't want to bash on you, i just think we should all be on the same page here)...

as for me: I get the "couldn't connect" page a lot, too. But then i try again and again and latest after the 4th or 5th time it works.The problem mostly occurs when i am an wireless LANs which are heavily used (and as such of course force a timeout more often than a network you are using alone).

have you tried other devices from inside the same network? this might indicate if it's a network-wide problem or just phone-wise...

or the other way around: have you tried your device in another network that other players have already used to connect to the servers?

this way you can collect information that indicates whether it might be really a bug in the game, maybe some overloaded capacities on server side or just a bunch of local network problems...

Edit:

Also i think whether the problem has been fixed, or it was not 100% of the time (which strongly indicates local network problems or busy servers at the start of the day), as the original poster seems to have had another problem with a random purchase... (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Message 4 of 4 (816 Views)