Re: Trouble with updates. / Disappointment in the Fireworks Barge.

by minicha-em

Original Post

Trouble with updates. / Disappointment in the Fireworks Barge.

★★ Newbie

My wonderful  friend who's player name is Hllrrs22 introduced me to The Simpsons Tapped Out.  She loved the game as do I,  but somehow following an update she lost access to her town.  For some reason it started her over on a new town and she has been unable to recover her well established town since.  It's such a shame because she was very enthusiastic about the game and devoted a lot of time to it. Now she doesn't play, discouraged by this unfortunate occurrence.  Is there any way she can regain access to her town? I would love to help her get this problem figured out. 

I was very close to getting the Simpsons House Boat, something i was really focusing my efforts on trying to achieve.  When an update was announced i didn't have enough storage space on my phone to download it.  Within the next few days i was able to download the update but didn't realize it was going to end the "Terwilliger" event and my efforts to get the House Boat.  Bummer. Is there another way to get it? Or at least compensated with some Doughnut currency?

Lastly i greatly enjoyed the fireworks decorations available to buy and bought quite a few of them to arrange on my boardwalk.  I also used my doughnuts to purchase the Fireworks barge, anxious for it to add to my fireworks show.  I was very disappointed in the barge animation which only shoots up one dud of a firework that lands in the water.  It is an amusing comedic effect,  but definitely not worth spending my doughnuts on.  I have purchased a fair amount of doughnuts in the game, so was regretful about wasting my money on this.  Could i possibly be reimbursed the doughnuts i spent on the Fireworks Barge?  

Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 2 (74 Views)

Re: Trouble with updates. / Disappointment in the Fireworks Barge.

Is your friend connected to Origin?
Did your friend try a delete/reinstall of the game?
Has your friend contacted support about this?

Only way to get the housboat is if it is re-released and then it will probably cost donuts.

EA will most likely not refund you for the fire barge but you are of course welcome to try by contacting support.
In the future, check animations in your neighbours towns before making a purchase. Tap everything.

There are many blogs that will tell you what will happen and when events will end and when limited items/prizes will go away.

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)