Re: Simpsons tapped out crashed after login

by hnbparbhoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simpsons tapped out crashed after login

★★ Novice

I have tried to login into Simpsons Tapped out and each time the app crashes and goes to Home Screen. I use an iPhone. 

I have updated my iOS and also updated the app. But still crashes. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app and still this happens. I also switched between my mobile provider and home wife and still the same issue happens.

please advise what else I can do

Message 1 of 9 (2,886 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@hnbparbhoo try on another device, log in, do some tasks, exit, then go back to the original device

Make sure you clear as much space on your device as you can. Remember that IOS doesn't tell you the exact amount free, so clear off anything you can. reboot device and turn off Offload apps.

if that doesn't work, log in to your ea account at ea.com. make sure your email is verified, add a real mobile phone number. Change your ea.com password to be less than 15 characters with only letters and numbers in it. reboot your device and then try again to open the game.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (2,728 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@hnbparbhoo Hey, that is typically caused by a corrupted game but can be a device issue. Have to rule that out first.

First, run through the steps Here 

If you have another device, test it out on there and see if the same thing happens.

And then your basics

• Install the latest iOS or Android version
  • Check The Simpsons: Tapped Out for updates and update if necessary
  • Restart the smartphone or tablet completely
  • Uninstall and reinstall The Simpsons: Tapped Out

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 9 (2,860 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Shepard I have performed the above steps and still have the same problem.
Message 3 of 9 (2,847 Views)

Hero
@hnbparbhoo it is a very recurring problem for that device and with the latest iOS versions.
In my experience, considering the solutions adopted by those who succeeded, it would seem a problem due to the connection (I can't tell you the causes).
Who solved it did it by trying to change connection, such as using wifi at work or similar.
I also report the case of a user who solved it by resetting the connections, from the menu in the phone options.
Another user in my group asked Apple for assistance and their advice was this: uninstall the game, turn off all data connections, turn off the phone, wait a few moments and turn it back on, turn on ONLY the mobile data connection, download the game , download updates without logging in; when the download is complete, log in .. all only with the mobile network of the phone. The wifi could only turn on after entering the city.
I have no direct experience with Apple products; these above are solutions that worked for some users that i supported!

NEVER FEAR, BAFAN IS HERE!

[Bafan The Wolfman]

CCP Hero Banner

Message 4 of 9 (2,837 Views)

Community Manager

@hnbparbhoo Hey so @Bafanc is pretty accurate on this one. I use iOS, and the steps they listed are the most common ones used for those devices.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 9 (2,811 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Shepard Hi

I have done as Bafan suggested. I have switched off my wifi connection and changed to mobile data only. I switched off, and then restarted to only using the mobile data connection. I updated the iOS software and the downloaded the app. Once login, it crashes to Home Screen.

What else can I do?
Message 6 of 9 (2,783 Views)

Hero

@hnbparbhoo try on another device, log in, do some tasks, exit, then go back to the original device

Make sure you clear as much space on your device as you can. Remember that IOS doesn't tell you the exact amount free, so clear off anything you can. reboot device and turn off Offload apps.

if that doesn't work, log in to your ea account at ea.com. make sure your email is verified, add a real mobile phone number. Change your ea.com password to be less than 15 characters with only letters and numbers in it. reboot your device and then try again to open the game.

★★ Novice
@11EEvey , thank you for the response and advice. I did as advised and this seemed to have worked. The change of password and verifying of email address worked. The issue was probably a conflict between the two accounts, namely EA account didn’t agree to with game profile. Again thank you for the advise
Message 8 of 9 (2,638 Views)

★★ Novice
@11EEvey It seems the problem still persists. It worked for a short bit but the issue remains.
Message 9 of 9 (2,631 Views)