Re: Issues installing ap from the Amazon AppStore. My device is a Nexus 7.

by minicha-em

Original Post

Issues installing ap from the Amazon AppStore. My device is a Nexus 7.

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to install from the Amazon AppStore but it states that my device isn't suitable. My device is a Nexus 7 so I know that isn't true. What's going on here?

Message 1 of 7 (341 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi gsirwin, 

Have you tried to install it from the Google Play store? 

I don't know about getting apps from Amazon but I installed it from the Store and it's been fine. 

Standard smile 

Message 2 of 7 (331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks applepad, but I need to install from the Amazon App Store as I have £10 credit with them and I want to use it to buy donuts. 

Message 3 of 7 (321 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hi gsirwin,

I see, that makes sense.

Sorry, I can't offer any further advice.

Frown
Message 4 of 7 (315 Views)

I am not certain but I believe the agreement between EA, Amazon and Google is that Amazon is not allowed to distribute the game through any other platform than Kindle and Blackberry.

Have you asked Amazon why they can not supply the game to your device when it can be downloaded through Google?

Or you can ask support
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 7 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks minicha.I contacted Amazon first and they didn't know why.  They told me to contact EA.  

I followed the link you gave but reached a deadend. I'm about to give up I think. 

EA's recommended channel:

Support Contact Information

Sorry, No Channels are Available.

Message 6 of 7 (306 Views)

When contacting EA.
Contact options. Email. Live chat. Call Back (and AHQ, this place)
Not all options are available at all times.
If the option you are looking for is not available, try again later.

Another option for you is to find a friend with a Kindle and load your game on that to use your voucher. If you are connected to Origin you can play on multiple devices. Before Google adjusted the prices (like Apple did earlier this year to cover the new taxes) I loaded the game on my android to make donut buys instead of doing the purchase on the iPad I usually use. Saved $20 but now the prices are the same again.

Good luck.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 7 of 7 (301 Views)