[OPEN] Write Song / Book / Lyrics Loses Progress

by JonaO703

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Write Song / Book / Lyrics Loses Progress

[ Edited ]
Champion

@cursdgamerchild    Hi!  Thanks for sharing!  I just tested again.  In my game, my sims can take breaks ... eat, use the bathroom, watch TV, etc. ... and resume their progress writing.  I have no idea why it is different for others.

Edit: I meant to tag @PandoraTO   for this...

I went back to look at the laundry list and patch notes.  It seems there was another bug where songs/books/etc. were not completing even though the progress bar was full and that is the bug that was addressed in the patch.  Personally, I have not experienced that bug.  It's really unfortunate that the "lose progress" bug has not been fixed.  :-(

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 91 of 105 (783 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was having so many Last Exception Errors that I went back to a April 18, 2023 Save file and have restarted my game.  The only script files I have is MCCC and Better Exceptions.  I have added a few custom content hairs, clothes and furniture.

In testing:  write books:  my Sim had writing skill 9, so he wrote a book in 2 hours and I forgot to travel to see what would happen.

My 2nd test was with write song:  my Sim had guitar skill 8, so he wrote for 3 hours, stopped for 1 1/2 hours doing other things.  When he came back the song was at the same place when he left.  He wrote on his guitar for an additional 1 1/2 hours for 4 1/2 hours total and the song was 1/2 finished.  Then I traveled to San Myshuno and when I returned to write more song at the guitar, it was back to the beginning.  I had seen that someone suggested to reset object.  I reset the guitar, nothing changed.  I also reset the Sim and nothing changed.  The song was back at the beginning.

So in my opinion, nothing has changed since the December update.  Also I do not own the For Rent pack.

Message 92 of 105 (755 Views)

Re: High level musician can't write or license songs anymore

★★ Novice

my high level sim goes to write a song but it keep 'resetting' to the lowest progress on the song. never finishes Frown

Message 93 of 105 (717 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still a thing... completely ridiculous that something like this goes unfixed for literal years. book progress at 90%... save and quit out of the game in an attempt to fix a different bug, and viola, book at 0%

Message 94 of 105 (598 Views)

★★ Novice

is this going to be patched? 

Message 95 of 105 (521 Views)

★ Pro
@zephmeller12, well it wasn't patched yesterday, so... no idea.

Thank goodness I can at least use a mod that provides a workaround or this bug would have ruined my storyline for my famous author sim.
Message 96 of 105 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@PandoraTO what mod are you using please? I have the same problem

Message 97 of 105 (463 Views)

★ Pro
@smh0158, it's the Resume Writing Workaround Fix from LittleMsSam. It's in the Bug Fixes category on her site. You can only work on one book at a time, but at least you don't lose progress when starting and stopping, travelling, etc.
Message 98 of 105 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot. I will try it

Message 99 of 105 (437 Views)

Written songs reset after stoping

★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write a song on any instrument
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sim stops working on a song and later resumes that song by clicking on the song in their inventory the song has reset to the beginning.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the song "resume" from the point at which my Sim stopped working on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For some reason I thought this bug had been fixed.

First noticed this when testing something else. Went back to test this in a copy of my regular save with mods removed.

Started writing song Sunday Eve. Paused at a little more than halfway through on Monday at 1:53 AM

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.09.17 PM.jpg

Resumed Monday morning at 9:21 AM. The song had completely reset to zero. Continued to work on the song until completion.

Untitled.jpeg

Completed on Tuesday at 12:12 AM

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.21.18 PM.jpg

It has always taken sometime to write a song, so I have always had my Sims write them over several days, but if they're going to reset to zero every time they quit that makes it an impossible task.

Message 100 of 105 (332 Views)