Lags way too much after the new expansion pack for rent.

by isabelleangelina

Original Post

Lags way too much after the new expansion pack for rent.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but werewolf and star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? build yourself I guess
What happens when the bug occurs? Extreme lag. Takes 3-5 seconds ish for every click I make. Very annoying to build like this. I have no mods or cc in game. It lags on loading up new items, going in to another category, lag when objects being placed. Everything just lags.
What do you expect to see? No lag!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the new for rent pack

As stated above, it lags much more than it used to. Happend after I got the new expansion (for rent) in my game. 

Message 1 of 54 (5,995 Views)

Re: Lags way too much after the new expansion pack for rent.

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m experiencing a ton of lag. I’m also a PS5 user so it’s not CC related. 

Message 2 of 54 (5,425 Views)

★★ Novice

After I get to the 3rd unit to build I get a lot of lag too. So annoying 

Message 3 of 54 (5,393 Views)

EA Sims Team
@Massacre-Redrum

Could you please create a new separate thread for the console? We would like to track one thread per platform, especially this lag issue.
Message 4 of 54 (5,381 Views)

The Sims 4 For Rent - Rental Residential Lots Lag Problem!

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 79 DLCs - Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Just build in any Rental Lot Step 2: Build Normaly (Place Objects, Switch Object Colour and paint the walls and floor) you will see the lag happening Step 3: Enjoy the lag while building it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game lags for a 5 - 10 seconds lag delay
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to build normaly in the New Rental Lots by placing objects, wallpaper and flooring whitout lagging or freezing my game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.103.250.1020

The bug occurs ALWAYS when I build in Residential Rentals from the new Expansion Pack of Sims 4 For Rent, I can't build properly in it!

Message 5 of 54 (5,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same here , playing in the new world (live mode) is almost unbearable its so laggy,  and when painting walls 🙃 

Message 6 of 54 (4,760 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@sunsetvalley so what do we have to do to fix this... we are waiting EA updates? :o
Message 7 of 54 (4,692 Views)

★ Guide
@isabelleangelina I’m experiencing this too, mostly when placing wallpaper. It’s super lagged. I’m on PS5 too so no CC or anything
Message 8 of 54 (4,683 Views)

★★ Guide

Truly frustrating, so much so I kind of "hate" going into build mode but my apartments need so many modifications. 

Message 9 of 54 (4,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. It is especially laggy if I use the wall-paint tool, exactly like what everyone else said - so there's definitely a problem there.

I can hear my PC working like crazy after the 2nd or 3rd Rental space (RTX 3080Ti), which my PC never does even on maxed out Cyberpunk2077 with RayTracing on...

Sometimes I am also stuck indefinitely in the loading screen after I try to go back to the Neighborhood after furnishing a Residential Rental.

EA really is a disappointment. 

Message 10 of 54 (4,561 Views)