Re: "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" - Game will never start, even for a second. (PC)

by Piratebunny

Original Post

"Battlefield 4 has stopped working" - Game will never start, even for a second. (PC)

★ Novice

I don't know how many others are having this issue, but I haven't even been able to see a main menu screen since day one...

I just want to play the game. Campaign at least. Something.

I've done everything I can, everything every thread about this has told me to do, and more. Nothing has worked. It has been two weeks and I am still unable to get a taste of Battlefied 4's gameplay.

But should I really have to do all of these things to get my game to work, as the end-user? Why can't the game be completed on launch, at least to where it plays? I understand bugs and glitches, but this is just nonsense.

Every time I launch my game from battlelog, which it can do fine, the BF4 icon comes up in the taskbar, then suddenly it force-closes and says "Battlefield 4 has stopped working."

Please, somebody help.

Message 1 of 3 (701 Views)

Re: "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" - Game will never start, even for a second. (PC)

★★★ Novice

I'm wired and I either don't get into the game with the "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" error
or I get in but am shortly disconnected with the "Error: Game disconnected: could not join server" error

take your pick... either way the game is broken.

I've done everything they've mentioned should help.

This has NOTHING to do with updating punkbuster
This has NOTHING to do with the newest beta video drivers
This has NOTHING to do with the x86 and x64 Microsoft Visual C++ installs
This has NOTHING to do with extra sound drivers
This has NOTHING to do with folder permissions
This has NOTHING to do with firewalls or port forwarding
This has NOTHING to do with virus protection
This has NOTHING to do with about 20-30 other things that have been suggested to try

It flat out does not work for a large portion of your paying customers.  Fix it.

Message 2 of 3 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you ever get a fix for this i am having the same issues just downloaded and installed. was a bit skeptical that it was origin and not steam(really we are doing this battle log broken crap still??? >_< **bleep** me) and then as soon as i download the plugin and the game starts it force shutsdown and "battlefield for has stopped working" i have restarted my computer and browsers still nothing.

Message 3 of 3 (529 Views)