Re: Tried everything - CPU/GPU spikes still making the game unplayable for me...

by Belboll

Original Post

Re: Tried everything - CPU/GPU spikes still making the game unplayable for me...

★★★ Novice

Google Chrome can do this, thats why I use firefox now. Because both BF4 and Chrome are ram hungry they fight for it. Open task manager and see what apps are using what when running the game.

Message 11 of 17 (529 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am using firefox. I don't think the browser is the issue, anyway, since it usually makes no difference if I leave it open or close it. Or use another browser.

Message 12 of 17 (527 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

With those specs I would be looking at your temperatures. Your specs are good enough to play the game, however , they are on the low side.

Message 13 of 17 (523 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Whatever all says , i still belive that the problem is from the low RAM space.

because 4 GB is very low for the game , because my brother started to play with even 6 GB and he was having freezes after some muinits if starting play , and i told him to upgrade to 8GB and after he did that , there is no freezing any more.

And i think that if you tryed Siege of Shanghai you will have the biggest amount of freezes because this is a large files size map , which needs big size from RAM.

I am playing with Core i3 , GTX650 , 8GB Rams and there is no freezes at all , while your PC Specs is much better than me with the GPU and CPU and Even RAMs!

So the only different thing is the operating system , because when i play the game i can see that the RAM usage is near by 6 GB or some less , while all RAMs you have is 3.25 !

And did you tested the GPU and CPU temps while gaming?

Message 14 of 17 (519 Views)

★★★ Novice
Today I'm once again having big spikes. Still haven't tried the things I tried yesterday.

humper1953 wrote:

With those specs I would be looking at your temperatures. Your specs are good enough to play the game, however , they are on the low side.

Gonna check it using HWMonitor, although I'm not quite sure of what information to put here, but I'll try.

CPU:
Core 1-4: min 68ºC  max 94ºC

GPU:

Min 34ºC  max 66ºC

Motherboard:

TMPIN0  Min 37ºC, max 44ªC

TMPIN1  Min 25ªC, max 25ªC

TMPIN2  Min 64ªC, max 83ªC

Now, how do I know if anything's unusual?

Message 15 of 17 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Something very, very weird happened right now.

I went to prosafe_profile in my documents and added the following line:

GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4

And now I'm getting an extremely stable 60 fps, independently of what's happening in the game. No CPU/GPU spikes.

HOWEVER, even though I have settings on medium or high, it seems as if everything was on low (Should probably add, usually when I play on low I STILL get spikes, but now don't). Changing settings won't make a difference. Motion Blur doesn't work. Vertical Sync doesn't seems to work, and I'm getting a very weird kind of screen tearing. What's up with this?

Edit: nevermind that, it appears that the command is disabled, and all putting it there does is disabling other settings in the prosafe-profile.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2979150493817543418/2/

However, seeing that, now I'm under the impression that the cause for my spikes may be something in that file.

Still, I managed, again, to make my game not spike (as much, at least). I did try that audiodg.exe disable thing again, and I disabled my anti virus too. I still don't know if any of those things actually did the trick or not. Or it might just be a placebo. I don't understand

Message 16 of 17 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don't think that it sill stay stable , i belive that the only permanent fix is that what i told you :D

But don't understand me wrong , i hope that you fix the issue easiest way Standard smile

Message 17 of 17 (486 Views)