Re: Sound issues - "clipping"

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

Have you ever taken CC cleaner to the registry?

Try running CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. It may be software conflicts and/or registry errors.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Also, try disabling some of the crap that you may have starting up with Windows. If your tray is full of apps, they may be conflicting with the sound  card driver.

Message 11 of 17 (306 Views)

★★★ Novice

Appreciate the effort.. but i use CCleaner regularly. Just to refresh my doings:

Completely cleaned my computer and installed Windows 8.1 Pro. Using Creative drivers for my X-fi Fatal1ty card, and atm AMD 14.4 WHQL for my Radeon 270x card. (As i said before, i tested this fresh installed with nothing but the windowsupdate drivers in the beginning, and had the same troubles)

Problem is a bit worse in Windows 8.1 vs. what it was in Windows 7.

On a positive note, Mantle seems to work a bit better in windows 8.1.. but not there yet for my slacking 270x card. Possibly in the next release tho, but for now it seems a bit better in DirectX. Ive gained some fps i guess, as the gameplay in general seems a bit smoother. Everything set on "Low" on the graphics settings to make sure im not lagging due to gfx stress atleast.

Have run a ton of latencymon, but no clear culprit there.. Meaning its random .dll's that seem to pop up as possible causes, so id say i cant pinpoint anything exact there.

Running 2 1080p MKV's + playing mp3 music and youtube videos is even smoother than in Windows 7, and have absolutely no sound problems at all.. even latencymon is not complaining at all when i do that. Fire up BF4 and WHAM.. all hell breaks loose Frown

Did some farcry gaming and whatnot without problems.. Thinking about installing Diablo 3 just to see if there is anything there, but was not before.. neither was it any problems in WoW.. The ONLY SINGLE game i have EVER had sound issues in (in this millennium atleast) is Battlefield 4.

Normal sane conclusion of this would be: The game Battlefield 4 has some bugs in it that i experience.

Dice insane conclusion: Your hardware is broken.

I dont know.. Not sure how many ppl come to this forum when they experience problems.. but as i posted before, the issues im having is more or less like the mass problems ppl had with the game after the january patch this year. This WAS fixed in a later patch, but im still having the issues. And from the lack of posts here, it seems im the only one in the world to have ANY problems with this game Standard smile

Some day i will figure it out, and it will most likely be something totally daft like swapping places on the usb keyboard and mouse :P

Message 12 of 17 (304 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This sec I am at a loss on what you can try :/ This page they talk about a maybe fix so have a look at this but it may be things you have done.

http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/topic/95191-bf4-possible-solution-to-random-sound-clipping-iss...

Message 13 of 17 (300 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well.. i have the AMD HD audio disabled with absolutely no result (dont use HDMI audio anyway)... But disabling my Logitech webcam mic from device manager seem to have fixed it!!

Well.. just done a quick TDM round with no sound glitching, which is way better than in a while now, but a bit early to say 100% tho. So far looking very good Standard smile

Will do some more testing, but crossing fingers this aint just some random weirdness Standard smile

C

Message 14 of 17 (296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Sweet fingers crossed for you Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 15 of 17 (292 Views)

★★★ Novice

Weird one indeed.. Even with cam enabled again, the sound seemingly work.

"One of those weirdnesses" i guess.

Well.. hopefully it will keep like that for some more killing! Standard smile

Thx for your help Zorlacc Standard smile

Message 16 of 17 (886 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Anytime happy it is fixed maybe something you tried the last bit fixed it and had to reboot for it to kick in hard to say. I will mark your last post as the solution. If it acts up again you can remove the solution. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 17 of 17 (286 Views)