Battlefield 4 bugs & glitches on ps4 bugs 3-10-14

by unibomber211

Original Post

New update (PS4) just completely broke the game

★★ Novice

Hi,

Ive been playing on the PS4 version of BF4 since christmas and so far it has been a flawless experience, with no connection issues or glitches at all. Today immediately after installing the latest patch the game has become completely unplayable. The sound isnt working at all, for some reason the only audio during gameplay is the dramatic end-of-round music which just loops over and over and there are no sound effects at all. Im also spawning  with no gun, or at least my gun is invisible anyway. The colors look weird too, like they're muted. What the hell?

Thanks

Jim

Message 4 of 8 (1,300 Views)

ps4 new patch sound issues.

★★★★★ Newbie
I posted on Facebook earlier about a problem I have been experiencing on the ps4 with bf4, and got told to mention it on here.
I have been experiencing sound issues. When I join a new server the first game has no actual game play sound only the customization music and reoccurring lost game music, it seems to be alright after that first game but you have to play that whole match. I have posted a video on your page on Facebook to show whats happening.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Message 1 of 8 (1,279 Views)

Re: ps4 new patch sound issues.

★★★★ Guide

This started happening few days ago on PS4. From what I can tell, there were no visable update on either PS SW or BF4 SW for PS4, but might have been some sort of upgrade at the server level. In my cases, it seems that the server or my PS4 or my internet was sending packets slower than usual. I restarted the router and my cable modem and it resolved itself for a few hours of rounds. Are you noticing sound drop off and severe latency / lagging as well? Now that they are aware, there may be a fix very soon (I hope)

I spoke with EA Game Advisor yesterday and he have not heard of this issue until I brought it up (???) and asked that I post it here as well as on Battlelog where devs hang out.

This is players helping players so keep that in mind. We all go through what you are going through. Do you know how many times I feel like cursing EA /DICE then found out it is my internet that is causing the issues? Many times. My bro in law fix his issue by direct wiring and I got a new SMART WIFI from Linksys that fixes our situation majority of the time .. Went from about 14 disconnect / error connecting to servers to about 2

I do not work for or have any association with EA / DICE (except that their HQ is about 10 miles away). With any new product launch, you can expect issues like bugs, or recalls. 

Another word, EA / DICE know they have issues with this game and are fixing one item at a time based on the priority of what they deem important.

If this message helped you or direct you to the right direction, just click the XP box at the bottom right of the message.

XP = Thanks for helping, trying to help, or what a funny guy.
Accept as solution = This solved my problem!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/EA-Game-Adviser-asked-me-to-post-this-here-for-players-having...

I've posted the same thing in the Battlelog Forum as well. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064773308952974/

I am not sure if these have been reported or the devs are aware of the bugs. All of these started happening couple of days ago. I am on PS4 with latest SW updates for both BF4 and PS.

Just got off the chat with EA Game Advisor and he asked that I post here to let everyone know, especially devs about these possible new bugs. Were there any tweaks within last couple of days?

All Weapon Medals are not tracking properly or stopped tracking - For example: My Melee kills count show 19, but according to medal progress, it shows 0/50 (1 ribbon for 4 kills), Headshots Medal shows 46/50 (1 ribbon for 3 headshots, and I have 290).

Lots of sound dropping and stuttering – Happened on all Multiplayer maps, sound (Gun shots, Commander’s voice, squad orders, etc…) dropped off very frequently, and picture stutter a lot. Prior to last few days, it was not that pronounced as it happened once in a blue moon.

Rubberbanding is becoming more pronounced - Happened several times in Operation Locker while I was running away from someone who was shooting at me. Usually, my position on the map set me back about 3 seconds worth of running or dodging the spray of bullets. Another word, I am trying to run or hide, but put me right in front of the crosshairs as I was 3 seconds ago, then I kaput. Usually happened at Objective E (basement ally from E to D) and by Objective B (from the outside going into Objective B), and Objective C (Going from outside to Objective C through small narrow door way).

Loading screen – Stuck on loading screen from 30 seconds to 3 minutes while playing on “DICE “TEST” Operation Locker only”. By the way, this is a great idea as I love playing Operation Locker and I did not have to look for another Operation Locker when the server is specifically set up to play only “Operation Locker”. You should definitely have several servers for each map.

Missing weapons while spawning – Again, this started happening more and more within last couple of days. Prior to this, I may spawn without weapons 1/20 times but now, it is happening 1/3 times. Sometimes I chose to spawn in the HOT ZONE and had to wait about 5 to 10 sec before any weapons showing up. I tried cycling from Primary Weapon to Secondary Weapon to Option 1 Gadget to Option 2 Gadget but no weapons or gadget would show up, shoot, or deploy. 

Server search function reset to default – Happened 3 times where my entire preset server searches (for Conquest, Operation Locker) were reset to default and all servers were showing up. This started happening yesterday.

Kicked out to another map while re spawning in Operation Locker – When I tried to re spawn in the Operation Locker (Used search feature to look for Conquest, Operation Locker), the server kicked me out to another map, Siege of Shanghai. Again, I was trying to re spawn with many tickets (over 300 tickets each team left). Not joining the server for the first time.

This is something I have never seen before and wish I took a screen shot – Yellow Triangle Exclamation Mark with no message in a blue box. I received this while joining another Conquest, Operation Locker server but I was able to join the server few minutes later. It showed up may be 3 times while loading(?) then let me join the server.

If this message helped you or direct you to the right direction, just click the XP box at the bottom right of the message.

XP = Thanks for helping, trying to help, or what a funny guy.
Accept as solution = This solved my problem!

Message 2 of 8 (1,278 Views)

PS4 update some issues Battlefield 4

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Guys,

Just a couple of issues i and a few others experienced since the update.

Firstly on Team Deathmatch, when getting in to the match you hear the end of match music then all sound goes. I tried dying, redeploy and even leaving the server and re-entering. But still no sound.

A significant frame rate drop when either sides of the hotel collapses on Hainan resort conquest.

Still rubber banding on Lancang Dam Conquest.

Sound still not cutting in when spawning in choppers.

Cheers,

Message 3 of 8 (1,261 Views)

Re: New update (PS4) just completely broke the game

★★★ Newbie

Lucky you! The Jan 30 update completely broke BF4 for me on PS3. The game won't even boot to the main menu so I can't even play offline. I reinstalled from PSN and again after the update the game will not even boot. According to Nolo.com, EA may be sued in small claims court in any state http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/small-claims-book/chapter9-2.html. Just sayin'

Message 5 of 8 (1,287 Views)

Re: PS4 update some issues Battlefield 4

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue after update was installed on ps4 ?
Message 6 of 8 (1,223 Views)

Re: ps4 new patch sound issues.

★★ Novice

Good to know Im not the only one in the boat, thanks for your reply.

Message 7 of 8 (1,176 Views)

Battlefield 4 bugs & glitches on ps4 bugs 3-10-14

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Ever since the last update for BF4 on PS4, the Vehicle inside view on all vehicles studder and move around. In the helicopters, the crosshair is all over the place and doesn't stay centered and the view goes crazy as well. I am also having a problem with the sound and graphics loading slow at the start of every match. Also, the rubber band effect while running or driving still occurs time to time. I have also been experiencing major frame rates drops and also, bullet lag and it is not my internet, I run 100 mbs and have the newest modem running a cat-5 so I have no issues with my net. Please address these issues because seriously, I would love to finally play this game without bugs.
Message 8 of 8 (1,041 Views)