Re: Need help with graphical bug/glitch that makes Battlefield 4 unplayable (PS4)

by tobiep105

Original Post

Need help with graphical bug/glitch that makes Battlefield 4 unplayable (PS4)

★★★ Newbie

It started yesterday when i recently downloaded the new China Rising maps, so i decided to give them a go. I liked them, so decided to play in commander mode in one of the maps.

About half way through the game, the graphics within the game started going weird. Lines kept quickly stretching across the screen distorting the play, it was like flickering, but there was no sound errors, just the graphical errors making strange graphical 'stretches' if you will. They don't cover the whole screen, but they constantly occurr at different rates depending on what I'm looking at in-game. Shortly after they began, the game closed down automatically and the Playstation error code 'CE-34878-0' came up which only shows when a game has crashed. The strange thing is, the 'flickering' bug thing continued on the Playstation home screen temporarily.
When I opened a new game like DC Universe Online WHILST the flickering continued, it caused that game to close too, however when i restarted my console, no other game caused this graphical 'stretching' like bug. Only Battlefield. I tried re-installing battlefield, however the bug continues. It does it on the campaign too, so I think it's something to do with Frostbite, not sure. It can't be a faulty disc because the game worked perfectly before it randomly happened, and there are no scratches on the disc whatsoever. Please help me, it's beginning to frustrate me because I only recently bought the new maps too. Thanks.

Yours faithfully

A distressed gamer.

Message 1 of 2 (161 Views)

Re: Need help with graphical bug/glitch that makes Battlefield 4 unplayable (PS4)

★★★ Newbie

Scratch that, it's a playstation problem, killzone is doing the same. It's only downloaded games like Contrast and DC Universe Online that don't seem to do it.

Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)