Error: "Battlefield 4 isn´t working anymore"

by JonasJiggle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error: "Battlefield 4 isn´t working anymore"

★★ Novice

Hello,

I get the error message "Battlefield 4 isn´t working anymore" everytime i start BF4, it doesn´t matter if i try to play campaign or multiplayer.

I am using windows 8 64bit, also tried to turn anti virus programm and firewall off, tried to repair/update it with origin and tried to update punkbuster, but nothing works. The BF4 folder in my documents is empty.

Message 1 of 13 (1,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error: "Battlefield 4 isn´t working anymore"

Hero (Retired)

Hey @ JonasJiggle, are you using an AMD graphics card? 

Do you have the updated graphics drivers? 

I remember Mantle was not working properly in X64 version with Mantle unless you did the following:

-Go to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings and delete the file "PROFSAVE_profile" (or you could just move it somewhere else on your PC for safekeeping). This will also reset keybindings and graphics settings so you will need to do them again when you launch the game.

Now try to play and see if it works.

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (1,705 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello jonasjiggle,

Your case is really weird. Please make sure the following programs/drivers are updated (the order doesn't represent a priority level):

1. Battlelog plugin

2. AMD or nVidia Drivers

3. Sound drivers (if any)

Alternatively you can try to:

1. Re-install Origin

2. Re-install the game (NOT Update/Repair. Just delete and re-install).

Please let me know if any of the solutions above worked for you.

-----------------------------------------

If you believe that this answer was helpful, please click the XP button right down below. If this solution worked then accept this post as solution.

Message 2 of 13 (1,714 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey jonasjiggle, is this your first time tryng to start the game?

If so then the Bf4 documents folder will be empty (until you first start)

Try the following:

-Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR.
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and tick the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Try running the game in compatibilty mode for Win 7 or 8.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

-Run Origin as Administrator
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatability tab and tick the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Also let us know your PC specs too, please.

Message 3 of 13 (1,710 Views)

★★ Novice

Thx for the reply. Drivers are up to date and reinstalling it will take forever, 25 gb is really much. I just forgot to mention that i did not download the BF4 version myself, i got it from a friend, which bought premum and downloaded the dlc´s, maybe that is the problem? I guess i will just have to download it myself, but it would be great if there is another solution.

Message 4 of 13 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I cant comment on you using files download from someone else...because it might not be legit Frown

Message 5 of 13 (1,705 Views)

★★ Guide

Indeed, I would recommend you to download and install the base game as well as the DLCs yourself. But first, you must be sure that you have successfully uninstalled Battlefield 4.

-----------------------------------------

If you believe that this answer was helpful, please click the XP button right down below. If this solution worked then accept this post as solution.

Message 6 of 13 (1,704 Views)

★★ Novice

Thx for the help, i will try to download it nyselfm even if it takes sone days : /

i iwll let you know if it works.

Message 7 of 13 (1,700 Views)

★★ Novice

Downloaded it myself now, took a long time, but still the same problem. I don´t know what to do anymore.

Message 8 of 13 (1,668 Views)

★★ Novice

Just tried to run it in the x86 mode, and it works, but it´s only running at a very low framerate, i guess because it is only at 32 bit, but i have a 64 bit windows.

Message 9 of 13 (1,665 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @ JonasJiggle, are you using an AMD graphics card? 

Do you have the updated graphics drivers? 

I remember Mantle was not working properly in X64 version with Mantle unless you did the following:

-Go to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings and delete the file "PROFSAVE_profile" (or you could just move it somewhere else on your PC for safekeeping). This will also reset keybindings and graphics settings so you will need to do them again when you launch the game.

Now try to play and see if it works.

Message 10 of 13 (1,706 Views)