Re: Does reporting cheaters work?

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Does reporting cheaters work?

★ Novice

To be fair I havent seen cheaters in BF4 for a very long time, however as recently as yesterday and today I have come across 3 people using the usual aimbot/flying/invisible hacks

Reporting cheaters on Battlefield 4 can be difficult to people who dont use battlelog.

Most people dont use battlelog... 

Does EA takes action against reported players or am I wasting my time.

Message 1 of 8 (689 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@fearoshima wrote:

To be fair I havent seen cheaters in BF4 for a very long time, however as recently as yesterday and today I have come across 3 people using the usual aimbot/flying/invisible hacks

Reporting cheaters on Battlefield 4 can be difficult to people who dont use battlelog.

Most people dont use battlelog... 

Does EA takes action against reported players or am I wasting my time.

Hi @fearoshima ,

Yes reporting cheaters to EA does indeed work and have consequences for the cheaters if proper evidence is produced!

So I strongly recommend everybody to do so.  

I found that emailing of such reporting to EA to be the most efficient method, as that way you can attach very specific and undebatable evidence on the cheating that you may have observed.  The more clear and unquestionable evidence you supply to your case, the quicker and more direct EA can also act upon it, to take action against the offender.  Just verbally complaining about other players is obviously not sufficient.

So ensure to take note of date/time/timezone.

Ideally find the battlelog report for the specific game round in which you observed the cheater.

Supply screenshots or better, videoclip of the game action.

Then send a kind email message to EA Support with this all attached and they will typically take action within a 3-5 day period.

Here are the steps for such reporting to EA, no matter the game you play from them:

1. Logon to your EA Account.
  2. Click "Contact Us" from any page on EA Help.
  3. Select your game 'Product'.
  4. Select your Platform.
  5. For Topic, select the type of reporting most relevant for your contact: concerns, harassment..
  6. For Issue, choose from Real-life threat, Report player, or Report website. 

Message 2 of 8 (646 Views)

★ Guide
@fearoshima I can also confirm as CyberDyme states that i found emailing them seems to be a more efficient way of reporting. Numerous times in the past i had sent proof in an email and noticed action had been taken shortly afterwards
Message 3 of 8 (635 Views)

★ Guide

3 cheaters in a very long time, it is nothing by today's standards and must be classified as cheat-free it can be, the anticheat must really do a good job.

Message 4 of 8 (612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The community anti-cheats are doing all the work. Punkbuster hasn't been updated for a very long time.

Message 5 of 8 (538 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@fearoshima You can report player to Punkbuster by emailing to research @ evenbalance.com , please give as much information as you can about the player / players. and we will looking into them

@FoxacorPunkbuster software does not have to be updated to detect cheaters, Please don't post fake information about Punkbuster.

Nick ( PB Staff )

Message 6 of 8 (530 Views)

@fearoshima reporting a players profile/ID for cheating for sure works.

It doesn't take them offline right aways but of course it help taking them cheaters down.

Always a useful thing.

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 7 of 8 (514 Views)

[ Edited ]

@fearoshima The discussion of cheaters/cheating/anti-cheat is not permitted here on the EA Answers HQ so I'm locking the thread.

The answer is yes reporting cheaters does in fact work but not everyone suspected of cheating has in fact cheated once the anti-cheat department evaluates the evidence. The best thing you can do is bolster your report by linking video or screenshot evidence in your Origin report.

You can read more about EA's anti-cheat efforts here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-V/Our-Anti-Cheat-Approach-in-Battlefield-V/m-p/9961145#M67305

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 8 of 8 (508 Views)