Re: Do I have to buy Premium Edition Battlefield 4?

by ImHeirOfChaos

Original Post

Do I have to buy Premium Edition Battlefield 4?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If I bought the bf4 premium pass with origin access and now buy the base game bf4 without subscription, will I still have the premium pass?

I bought the premium pass with origin access and played the game using the vault (today EA playlist / EA play), now I cancelled my subscription and longer have access to bf4 base game.

If I buy the base game will I retain the premium pass?

If so, why does the premium pass not show up in my EA app?

Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ImHeirOfChaos 

The bonus content for every game purchased with an EA Play membership will expire when you cancel the subscription. If you want to use the BF 4 Premium Edition without EA Play, you will need to purchase it separately. The same applies to the Premium Service.

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 2 of 3 (281 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Pulsar wrote:

Hey @ImHeirOfChaos 

The bonus content for every game purchased with an EA Play membership will expire when you cancel the subscription. If you want to use the BF 4 Premium Edition without EA Play, you will need to purchase it separately. The same applies to the Premium Service.

Does that apply to origin access?

I don't think I was made aware of this when buying the premium pass. 

This answer seems to indicate otherwise:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Services-General-Questions/Origin-access-and-DLC-s/m-p/5416306

In the answer "EA_Nils" says:

"You indeed retain ownership of the DLC and as soon as you either purchase the base game, or pick up an Origin Access membership again, you can continue."

Message 3 of 3 (262 Views)