Re: Controller aim assist and sensitivity PC

by jx98_PT

Original Post

Controller aim assist and sensitivity PC

★★★ Newbie

I´ve been having problems in first person shooter games since i started trying to play them with my xbox 360 controller.  In console, i can acctually aim to my enemies because of the aim assist. In pc (i know it´s easier to aim with a mouse and you don´t need aim assist), if you connect  an xbox controller to a pc shouldn´t it have aim assist like it would on console?

My problem is:

-If i set a higher sensitivity to the analog stick i will be able to turn myself quickly to wherever i want but aim awfully(example: if i spot an enemy at 200 meters i will need like 10 seconds to ajust the aim so i can kill him). If i set to a lower sensitivity i will have better aim (not good, but a little improved) but will take 10 seconds to do a 360º.

Higher sensitivity= easier looking around / terrible aim

Lower sensitivity= harder looking around / ok aim

Basically i can´t kill anyone that´s moving or more than 50m away

solution: Aim assist on pc  (for those who play with controllers)    or      atleast put like an aim smoothing 

Some of you will probably say:  that will give the normal pc players(keyboard and mouse) a disadvantage. Well then, put the aim assist on smaller amounts. It´s ridiculous how hard it is to aim properly with a controller on pc

Thanks for reading

Message 1 of 4 (1,407 Views)

★★ Apprentice

use mouse

Message 2 of 4 (1,402 Views)

Hero

I don't think you will see aim assist on PC. Then people would make register their mouse as a gamepad on their computers and use that as a sort of cheat because they would then have aim assist.

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 4 (1,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fine, i just wanted to know because i often connect my pc to the TV and it´s not very handy to play with a keyboard and mouse in the couch. Thanks anyway

Message 4 of 4 (1,390 Views)