Re: Cannot update BF4 DLC Naval Strike

by sazzern

Original Post

Cannot update BF4 DLC Naval Strike

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yes i am premium player .... and I use a PC  and my browser is IE.
When I click on the Arrow in the circle i have a drop down menu saying that my pluggin is up to date and then i click on the update button to download the latest DLC (Naval Strike) I have the message ''installing game'' and ''waiting for you to finish the installation' , but actually nothing really happens,, etc...: I see an Origin screen with my games, but then nothing, no apparent download occurs, no progression bar, nothing that tells me that the game is actually updating nor downloading.
I let it during a whole night as i thought that the update servers were busy, but it's not working...

Update:

- I have since then tried using different browser (Firefox) , delete pluggin, and download pluggin several times, nothing chnages m still not updating the game.

- I also have desintalled Origin client and re installed it, but same situation, I cannot update the game or it doesn't launch.

I ve been reading all the coirresponding posts on this forum and battlelog forum to see whether some had found a solution to fix this issue and i've even checked in my "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4 file" and i seem to have the Xpack0, Xpack1 and  Xpack2 installed with the "True" value attached to those...

I am starting to be really upset with all this situation, as this is the 3rd day i am trying to play without any success... so please fix this ASAP or tell me how  to solve it , as i know from the forum posts and replies i got, that I am not the only one having this issue 

Thx

Message 1 of 3 (221 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Okay just to check first, have you tried to update Naval Strike via the icon on your Battlefield 4 game detail page in Origin? You should try to repair your install via right-click on your Battlefield 4 icon, you can now choose the option "Repair Install".

Download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download. Close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator.  Make sure that the permissions for your /OriginGames folder are set to /writable.

Please keep us updated.

Basti

Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

★★ Novice

Amazing that EA dont even know this fix. Since its a huge problem.(i've had it on 2 computers)
You have to make a new Windows User and start origin logged in as the new user. Then it works perfectly.

Then you have to regedit and add xpack2 as installed, and if you are lucky you can play. I wasnt that lucky, i cant play the game. And Ea wont answer my threads...

Message 3 of 3 (171 Views)