Re: Cannot Play Expansion Packs in BF4

by arcHusain

Original Post

Cannot Play Expansion Packs in BF4

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I downloaded and installed all of the avialable Battlefield expansion packs. However, whenever I try to play any of the new maps, a messages shows that I need to download and install China Rising expansion pack. It shows two options: Open in Origin, and Retry, both do not solve the problem. Sometimes using the "Repair" command helps, but most of the time it doesn't do it. Please help me fix the problem.

arcHusain

Message 1 of 4 (168 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I've also have had this issue in the past the best thing I can suggest is if you have all these expansions or premium is to uninstall the base game completely and reinstall and allow everything to download again properly there seems to have been a corrupt file issue that is solved if you try to do that.. Please try this and reply to this post if you require any further assistance I will help you.

Message 2 of 4 (160 Views)

Hero

Hi, @arcHusain You might want to try the following:

(warning messing with the registry can harm your computer if you are not careful)

1. Log out and exit Origin
  2. Open your Registry Editor (regedit)
  3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4
  4. Check if there is a folder named “Xpack1” under “Battlefield 4
    If yes, there’s a folder -> click on “Xpack1” – on the right pane check if there is a string named “Installed” – the Value data should be “True
    If no, there’s no folder -> right-click on Battlefield 4 -> New -> Key
    - a new folder will be created, name it “Xpack1
    - right-click on Xpack1 -> New -> String Value - name it “Installed
    - on the right-pane, double-click on “Installed“, set Value Data to “True
  5. Exit Registry Editor
  6. Start Origin and Join China Rising Maps

If needed:

• Repair Install BF4
  • Clear browser cache, cookies and temporary files then login to Battlelog

Now this only works for China Rising, if Second Assault etc. makes problems too you just need to do the same as above with Xpack 0 and Xpack 2

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you guys so much. I will try and let you know what happens.

Best of luck.

arcHusain

Message 4 of 4 (144 Views)