Re: Battlefield 4 crashes with every greater version of AMD Catalyst driver than

by werffje

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 crashes with every 13.12 AMD Catalyst version or greater

★★★★★ Novice

I think I found solve for this issue : Go to My computer>Advanced system settings>Advanced>Performance>Settings>Data Execution Prevention> Mark this : Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select. > Press add> Find BF 4.exe > press apply and OK

Then you did it let us know if it help

Peace, Noah.

Message 21 of 25 (1,113 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 crashes with every 13.12 AMD Catalyst version or greater

★ Apprentice

About the 14.7 version:

In the changelog of the 14.7Beta they say nothing about my problem so i guess that when the stable 14.7 releases nothing will change like all the previous releases...

About your solution:

When i try to add the bf4.exe it says "You can not set DEP attributes on 64-bit executables"

and when i try to add the bf4_x86.exe says " This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled.You can not turn off DEP for this program."

Message 22 of 25 (1,110 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 crashes with every greater version of AMD Catalyst driver than

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have been experiencing this exact same issue with my Window 7 x64 (2 HD5870s in Crossfire). I think I determined that the "Deferred AntiAliasing" is the issue. This is how I resolved the issue, go to the Test Firing Range and before spawning launch the options (the test firing range seems to allow the game to continue to run without crashing so long as you do not spawn). Then in the video options turn off "Deferred AntiAliasing". Save then spawn in to make sure the game does not crash. I haven't played enough with the setting to be 100% sure it is this specific setting or a combination of things, but that option can trigger the problem right when I apply the setting. I have also had success using "Auto" settings but YMMV.

Message 23 of 25 (2,072 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Indeed that was the solution, I have tried all the drivers 14.XX for months waiting for a solution, Would cost much DICE warn users of "old" GPU AMD had to disable antialiasing? I think not imagine what it will cost you to buy anything again.

Message 24 of 25 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That did the trick hell yeah

Message 25 of 25 (754 Views)