BattleField 4 2GB installation won't install.

by SeoXu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BattleField 4 2GB installation won't install.

★ Novice

I have an Xbox 360 with an Xbox HDD but when I install the 2GB installation it would restart and ask me to download it again and it keeps doing that. Is there a way to fix this problem ?

Message 1 of 8 (1,317 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BattleField 4 2GB installation won't install.

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

try going to your system settings>memory>hard drive>battlefield 4 and deleting the "Battlefield 4 HD Content". there may be one there since it writes then fails. after you check to see if you have that file to delete hit the back button 3 time or until you see the list of storage devices make sure hard drive is highlighted in green press y and select clear system cache then initiate battlefield 4 and try the hd installation again

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (1,486 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

If you can with a xbox I would try repair game first then try the d/l again.

Message 2 of 8 (1,306 Views)

Champion (Retired)

i have a few questions. 1. what is the condition of this disc? 2. were you ever able to play prior to this issue? 3. upon installing were you able to verify that it finish all the way to the end?

Message 3 of 8 (1,302 Views)

★ Novice

The BattleField 4 disc is new.The installation would never finish it would just download for about 10 seconds and then stop and ask me if I want to download the installation again.

Message 4 of 8 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

try going to your system settings>memory>hard drive>battlefield 4 and deleting the "Battlefield 4 HD Content". there may be one there since it writes then fails. after you check to see if you have that file to delete hit the back button 3 time or until you see the list of storage devices make sure hard drive is highlighted in green press y and select clear system cache then initiate battlefield 4 and try the hd installation again

Message 5 of 8 (1,487 Views)

I recommend to clear your 360's cache, then install both discs to the HDD and then go through the normal installation and update functions.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 8 (1,287 Views)

★★ Novice
That's what mine is doing now. Did you ever get it to work right?
Message 7 of 8 (1,127 Views)

★★ Novice
I've cleared system cache on my HDD and ive reformatted. I tried installing the game and it gets to 92% then says the disc is non readable which is bs cause its brand new out of the plastic. Tried installing the 4gb update that didn't work. Downloads for 10 seconds then stops and asks me to install it again. So far this game has costed me $100. Bought the premium this month on sale for $20 bought the game then I had to buy a hard drive. So I'm beginning to believe this game wasn't worth my money to begin with.
Message 8 of 8 (1,125 Views)