Re: BF4 PC Memory leaking? 94% Memory usage with 12GB

by lo0pzy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I had installed the newest beta earlier today already and rebooted (beta 8, the one released today). It fixed the random crash to desktop I was getting, but for me it did not fix the memory leak issue at all.

Message 21 of 807 (7,500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yea, still getting memory leaks. 

Message 22 of 807 (7,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i'm having the exact same issue.

Video Card  : 6870

Driver Version beta8

Message 23 of 807 (7,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here! After about 15 min of gameplay, it begins to get choppy, with lots of stuttering and then the game halts. It's hard to get back to the desktop, it takes a lot of time, but when I do, I notice that my SSDs are at 100% activity due to paging and 98% of my system memory is used. It doesn't matter what I close. Memory is not released.

I believe we're all running Windows 8 or 8.1, Radeon graphics card and the latest 13.11 Beta8 drivers. Check?

I'd say Catalyst drivers are to blame. I was using 13.10 before 13.11 Beta 8 and I already had the problem. Some say that version 13.9 doesn't have this problem, but performance in BF4 is bad. I didn't try them in BF4 yet.

What do you say?

Message 24 of 807 (7,461 Views)

★ Apprentice

13.9 does it as well - looks like it's a BF4 problem

tried all the drivers.

win 8.1

Message 25 of 807 (7,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This regedit seems to have fixed it for me: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/windows-8-338/awareness-thread-windows-8-memory-leak-ndu-sys-43090...

been playing for like 2 hours now, totally normal mem usage. before consistantly after an hour or so all my 16 gigs were used and everything lagged like crazy. Looks like it wasn't even AMD related in my case.

Open up "regedit" and go this key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu

Change the "Start" value to 4 (to disable it).

Its a bug relating to the windows NDU.sys driver and Realtek ethernet drivers, under certain conditions it causes the "Paged Pool" memory to massively rise until its using all your memory, and it looks like BF4 triggers it somehow. If you have windows 8 and a realtek NIC than this may be your issue.

Message 26 of 807 (7,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That worked for me - for a while - problem is back, worse than ever

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as bf4 was about to crash, i shut everything down, checked and my non-paged pool was at 5.6GB (like in this pic)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/CJW3Uv7cES51iwptuRbfrza_D18WmNFFjmXGluZ2_6EAVWItX-Rf-_DU1kqqYSRqBc...

did the regedit, rebooted, no problems

Message 27 of 807 (7,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did the registry edit, but I am still geting memory leak. 

Message 28 of 807 (7,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Did you try rebooting after?

Message 29 of 807 (7,315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

rebooted twice now. still seeing memory leak. I am pretty sure this has something to do with the AMD drivers. My bf3 and other games run flawless. 

Message 30 of 807 (7,284 Views)