Re: bf3 installation failure

by vertigovictor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bf3 installation failure

★★ Novice

I just tried to install BF3 premium edition on my new windows 8 64 bit computer.The first thing the installer instructed me to do was set up an origins account which i did. the second thing it asked was for me to enter my product code, which i did. it then promptly told me that the install had failed. so i tried to install again, each time the first thing it asks is for my product key, i enter it and it tells me the code has been redeemed and will not let me progress any farther in the install.

Any solution for this problem?

Message 1 of 4 (190 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Not sure what I'm most disapointed with:

1) the install failure and subsequent eating of my redemption code allowing me no chance to try a second install

2) the fact my question is still unsanswered despite the fact someone was obviously on at some point today as the 10 pages of spam that showed up on the forums before noon has been taken down

3)Origins saying my password was incorrect then not sending me an email to change it for over 10 hours

4) the tech support page making no mention of the fact the tech support phoneline is down on sundays

eg "Via telephone
[Admin. Edit] Please contact support via this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

5) that a company that made 1.15 billion in net revenue last year obvviously isn't giving enough resources to the department that handles their paying customers problems.You would think a company with a revenue stream such as EA's would give a bit more resources to the tech support department

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (183 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

1) the install failure and subsequent eating of my redemption code allowing me no chance to try a second install

2) the fact my question is still unsanswered despite the fact someone was obviously on at some point today as the 10 pages of spam that showed up on the forums before noon has been taken down

3)Origins saying my password was incorrect then not sending me an email to change it for over 10 hours

4) the tech support page making no mention of the fact the tech support phoneline is down on sundays

eg "Via telephone
[Admin. Edit] Please contact support via this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

5) that a company that made 1.15 billion in net revenue last year obvviously isn't giving enough resources to the department that handles their paying customers problems.You would think a company with a revenue stream such as EA's would give a bit more resources to the tech support department

Message 2 of 4 (184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Open 8 am to 11 pm

@vertigovictor wrote:

eg "Via telephone

open 8 am to 11 pm

Message 3 of 4 (180 Views)

★★ Novice

I called the number listed their and received a recording saying they were open monday through saturday.Perhaps it is because im in canada im not sure.....

Message 4 of 4 (177 Views)