Veteran Status Dogtag

by msvoid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Veteran Status Dogtag

★★ Novice
Hello , I want to take the veteran dog tag .
Please help me...
Thank You!
Message 1 of 7 (231 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Veteran Status Dogtag

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, I using the same EA account for both BF3 and the games I tried to get veteran status for.

But I still have no veteran status. Why?

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (193 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello!

Go to http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com [battlefieldbadcompany2.com] and add your games there under the VETERAN option.

If you can't add your existing Battlefield games there, contact a Game Advisor here and they can update your Veteran Status manually.

- With kind regards,

Timmie.

Message 2 of 7 (219 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope I can get the veteran dog tag .

There is no Veteran Status on my Battlelog of BATTLEFIELD 3 .

How can I get these Veteran Status?

I want to unlock the M1911 pistol...

Message 3 of 7 (213 Views)

@msvoid wrote:

I hope I can get the veteran dog tag .

There is no Veteran Status on my Battlelog of BATTLEFIELD 3 .

How can I get these Veteran Status?

I want to unlock the M1911 pistol...

Msvoid have you played any Battlefield games besides Battlefield 3?  I asked because veteran status is calculated by taking the total number of Battlefield games played and subtracting 1 (i.e. if you played Bad Company2 and Battlefield 3 your veteran status would be 2-1=1, if you have only played Battlefield 3 it is 1-1=0 or no veteran status) because you are only a Battlefield game veteran after playing more than one game - veteran status is not dependent on rank in Battlefield 3, only the number of Battlefield games that you've played in the Battlefield series.

The easiest way to automatically update your veteran status is to play the Battlefield games while logged in with your Origin account - this will automatically update your status.  The veteran page here http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/veteran is the next best way to update the status manually, for newer PC\Console releases it will automatically update when you hit "refresh veteran status" or play the games while logged in with your origin account.  On the lower part of the page you can enter the CD keys for the older PC only games by clicking on the game's icon.  You can also update the game expansions that do not contribute to your veteran status by selecting the expansion like Euro Force and then entering your Gamespy ID and password. 

Since the M1911 is the veteran weapon you must have a Battlefield veteran status of 1 or greater to access it.  That means that you've played BF3 and at least one other Battlefield game while logged into your Origin account.  You can get veteran status very cheaply by buying a used copy of Battlefield Bad Company 1 or Bad Company 2 which should all be very inexpensive in the used section, or you can play one of the free web based Battlefield titles such as Battlefield Heroes http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/ or Battlefield Play 4 Free http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/ while logged in with your Origin account.  These two titles will give you veteran status as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 7 (202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have played the BATTLEFIELD Heroes and BATTLEFIELD Play 4 Free .

But I don't have the Veteran Status in my battlelog of BATTLEFIELD 3 .

Message 5 of 7 (199 Views)

Hero

Are you using the same EA account for both BF3 and the games you tried to get veteran status for?

Please accept solutions if they are correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you. This way you help others in the same situation.

Cheers
-Carbonic

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 7 (195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, I using the same EA account for both BF3 and the games I tried to get veteran status for.

But I still have no veteran status. Why?

Message 7 of 7 (194 Views)