Re: Unable to start server, nobody can join

by Its_Travis_199

Original Post

Unable to start server, nobody can join

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I've been renting a server since August of 2020, but for the past 3 months, since June, I am unable to get it started anymore.  Last time it worked was in June, while I was in the game, I lost connection, back to main menu and looked at the server - everybody lost connection as well and never recovered, for 3 months now.  I changed regions for 4 additional servers, but was unable to get any servers started - even with no kicks or bans - and let all but 2 servers go.  I tried to rent a server in West US, but it's greyed out (just like South US).

In server browser, "Any, Any, Any, Normal, Yes, Any", my servers show up on page 31/89, even after changing map rotations, joining the server (sitting in there for 30 minutes at a time), then backing out to the main menu, the servers still show up way down the list (not sure if people can't connect, or don't play RUSH anymore).  Nobody, for sure, looks past pages 1 and 2 in server browser, to join a game.

When joining the server from Multiplayer / My Servers, I can join - but it gives the eternal loading screen when I join through Server Browser...I wonder if people looking to join have the same problem?  I don't know...but I've spent a lot of money over the past few months to no avail...and I still want to play this game.

Message 1 of 5 (1,398 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've opened all of the ports on my new router (AT&T Fiber 1000), PS3 is running at 50mbps down and 25mbps up.  This is also my 3rd ISP trying to resolve the connection issue - it's more than likely not on my end.  Server location shows "Unavailable" which may be why people can't join.  Server is hosted in Asia.  Still empty after 3 months, I set in the server for 1 hour per day until I just give up.

Message 2 of 5 (1,322 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sad, EA - left this post up for 2 weeks without any interaction from admin's.  I've since retired BF3 and am no longer spending money renting servers...you're cut off.

I won't be going to 2042, either.  Sad that you couldn't fix a game that's been in error since 2017.

#1 Worldwide CAS Pilot

#1 in the A10

#1 in the Frogfoot

Across all 3 platforms (PC/XBOX/PS3).

Retired.

Message 3 of 5 (1,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hello,

The only advice I can give you is try contacting the EA advisors multiple times, also try sending a message to the server provider, the issue could be on their part.

EA help: https://help.ea.com/en/

As a fair warning, don't expect much from the advisors. I know you have stopped playing the game, but if you read this post try the already mentioned as a last effort, I would give you more advice but you have tried almost everything by now.

Best Regards,

danisoff

Message 4 of 5 (985 Views)

Well, there is also limitations what the support can do and what they can't.Embarrassed

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 5 of 5 (960 Views)