Re: Changing Xbox Gamer Tag from different account [Help]

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Changing Xbox Gamer Tag from different account [Help]

★ Novice

I have been trying to figure out how to change my gamer tag from EA account to another. Because I recently got Origin's and I want to search for Friends using the Connect Xbox Live feature but I get this Error message, "This Origin ID cannot be associated with your account, because it has been previously linked with a different EA account" But I am no longer able to access that account. please help if you can because contacting EA is like trying to contact NASA

Message 1 of 4 (175 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi there stevieboy2k11!

Since this seems to be related to your account specifically, you should contact Customer Support here. Game advisors have the tools to investigate the case. They will answer you so please be patient.

- With kind regards, Timmie.

Message 2 of 4 (172 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That link  doesn't work.  It has an entry box and nothing I type finds any help.  I've tried account, xbox, gamer, etc.  Nothing pulls up help for gamer tag

Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

For this problem you will need to contact EA Customer support:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us

I recommend that you use the telephone option and the callback option so you don't have to stay on hold for a long time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)